The Detroit Tigers will look to pick up their 10th win of the season when they take on the Oakland Athletics (12-19) Wednesday. The game begins at 7:10 PM ET, with the Tigers listed as -122 favorites on the moneyline. Detroit’s Joey Wentz and Oakland’s Zach Logue have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Tigers vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Tigers vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+102) and Under (7.5)
Tigers vs. Athletics Game Info
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Joey Wentz
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Zach Logue
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Tigers Starter Joey Wentz
- Wentz will make his first start of the season for the Tigers.
- The southpaw is making his MLB debut at 24 years old.
- The Athletics rank 25th in MLB action with 102 runs scored this season, and are batting .200 with 20 home runs (25th in baseball).
Athletics Starter Zach Logue
- Logue will get the start for the Athletics, his second of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw five innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits against the Minnesota Twins.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 2.84, a batting average against of .240 and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Tigers have scored 85 runs this season, which ranks 29th in MLB. They have 215 hits, 19th in baseball, with 12 home runs (30th in the league).
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have entered the game as favorites seven times this season and won twice.
- This season, Detroit has won two of its six games when favored by at least -122 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Games involving Detroit have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in nine of 30 chances this season.
- In 30 games with a spread this season, the Tigers are 12-18-0 ATS.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have won in nine, or 37.5%, of the 24 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Oakland has a mark of 8-15 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +102 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 49.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Oakland have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 12 of 31 chances this season.
- The Athletics are 16-15-0 against the spread in their 31 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows paces the Tigers in runs batted in (11) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .293.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Meadows is 288th in homers and 100th in RBI.
- Meadows has collected a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles and two walks.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 11 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Candelario is 120th in homers and 100th in RBI.
- Javier Baez has racked up a team-best 11 runs batted in.
- Robbie Grossman has four doubles and 17 walks while hitting .231.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy leads the Athletics with four home runs and runs batted in, driving in 15.
- Murphy’s home run total places him 42nd in the big leagues, and he ranks 47th in RBI.
- Sheldon Neuse is hitting .291 to lead the lineup.
- Neuse is currently 120th in homers and 55th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .232 with three doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
- Elvis Andrus has five doubles, a home run and nine walks while batting .183.
Betting Tips for Tigers vs. Athletics
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +102. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price