Coming off of a 1-2 series loss to the Blue Jays, the Texas Rangers (1-2) are -135 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a two-game series against the Colorado Rockies (2-1). The series begins at Globe Life Field, starting on Monday at 4:05 PM ET. Taylor Hearn starts for Texas while Austin Gomber is Colorado’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Texas Rangers vs. Colorado Rockies: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+114) and Over (9.5)
Rangers vs. Rockies Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Taylor Hearn
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Austin Gomber
- Game Day: Monday, April 11, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Taylor Hearn
- Hearn takes the mound for his first start of the season for the Rangers.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, Sept. 30, the 27-year-old left-hander started the game and went 5 1/3 innings against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Over his 42 appearances last season he finished with a 4.66 ERA and a 1.323 WHIP, putting together a 6-6 record.
Rockies Starter Austin Gomber
- The Rockies will send out Gomber for his first start of the season.
- The last time the 28-year-old pitched was on Wednesday, Sept. 1 against the Texas Rangers. The lefty threw 4 1/3 innings as the starter in that matchup.
- He pitched to a 4.53 ERA while striking out 8.8 batters per nine innings with a record of 9-9 last season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers entered a game as favorites 20 times last season and won seven, or 35%, of those games.
- Texas entered seven games last season favored by -135 or more and was 4-3 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 57.4%.
- Texas and its opponents hit the over in 77 of their 159 games with a total last season.
- The Rangers had an ATS record of 52-63-0 in 115 games with a spread last season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies were victorious in 44, or 37.9%, of the 116 contests they were chosen as underdogs in last season.
- Colorado had a win-loss record of 31-61 when favored by +114 or worse by oddsmakers last year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 46.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Colorado’s games went over the total in 65 of its 159 opportunities.
- In 116 games with a line last season, the Rockies had a mark of 63-53-0 against the spread.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Marcus Semien hit 45 home runs and had 102 runs batted in last season, while putting up a batting average of .265.
- Nate Lowe had 24 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 80 walks while batting .264.
- Adolis Garcia hit .243 last season with 26 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 32 walks.
- Corey Seager hit .306 with 22 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 48 walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron had a batting average of .281, with 28 home runs and 92 runs batted in last season.
- Kris Bryant hit .265 with 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 62 walks.
- Charlie Blackmon hit .270 a season ago with 25 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 54 walks.
- Ryan McMahon had 32 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 59 walks while batting .254.
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +114 after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price