The Tampa Bay Rays (3-0) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the Oakland Athletics (1-2) Monday at 6:40 PM ET. Sportsbooks consider the Rays -206 favorites to extend their streak, while the Athletics are +174 underdogs looking for the upset. Tampa Bay’s Luis Patino gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Paul Blackburn.
Table of Contents
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Oakland Athletics: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+174) and Over (8.5)
Rays vs. Athletics Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Luis Patiño
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Paul Blackburn
- Game Day: Monday, April 11, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Luis Patiño
- Patino will start for the Rays, his first this season.
- When he last appeared on Monday, Oct. 11, the 22-year-old right-hander pitched in relief and went 1 1/3 scoreless innings against the Boston Red Sox.
- Over his 19 appearances last season he compiled a 5-3 record and had a 4.31 ERA and a 1.267 WHIP.
Athletics Starter Paul Blackburn
- The Athletics will send Blackburn to the mound for his first start this season.
- The last time the righty took the mound was on Saturday, Oct. 2 last season, when he pitched 2 2/3 innings in a matchup with the Houston Astros.
- He pitched to a 5.87 ERA while striking out 6.1 batters per nine innings with a record of 1-4 last season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Rays won 65 out of the 99 games, or 65.7%, in which they were favored.
- Tampa Bay was 16-4 last season when entering a game favored by -206 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rays have a 67.3% chance to win.
- Games involving Tampa Bay went over the total set by bookmakers in 82 of 161 chances last season.
- The Rays were 66-51-0 against the spread last season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics won in 23, or 43.4%, of the 53 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Last season, Oakland was a moneyline underdog of -206 or longer two times, losing every contest.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 36.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Oakland and its opponents hit the over in 72 of their 158 games with a total set by oddsmakers last season.
- The Athletics went 63-51-0 against the spread in their 114 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Lowe racked up 39 home runs and had 99 runs batted in last season.
- Randy Arozarena had a .274 batting average with 145 hits.
- Yandy Diaz hit .256 a season ago with 20 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 69 walks.
- Manuel Margot hit .254 with 18 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 37 walks.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jed Lowrie had 69 runs batted in while putting up a batting average of .245 last season.
- Tony Kemp hit .279 with 16 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 52 walks.
- Elvis Andrus hit .243 a season ago with 25 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 31 walks.
- Sean Murphy hit .216 with 23 doubles, 17 home runs and 40 walks.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Athletics
Our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +174 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price