The Tampa Bay Rays (6-5) and Chicago Cubs (6-5) meet Wednesday at Wrigley Field, starting at 7:40 PM ET. The Rays are -115 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Cubs are favored against the spread of runs with odds. Tampa Bay’s Drew Rasmussen and Chicago’s Marcus Stroman have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Chicago Cubs: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (-104)
Rays vs. Cubs Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Drew Rasmussen
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Marcus Stroman
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Drew Rasmussen
- Rasmussen (0-1) takes the mound for the Rays to make his third start this season.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday, the right-hander threw five innings against the Chicago White Sox, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Over his two appearances this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .229 against him. He has a 5.00 ERA and averages 5.0 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He will take the mound against a Cubs squad that is batting .266 as a unit (third in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .437 (fourth in MLB) with 11 total home runs (eighth in MLB).
Cubs Starter Marcus Stroman
- The Cubs will send Stroman to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw four innings, giving up five earned runs while allowing six hits against the Colorado Rockies.
- He has an ERA of 6.00, a batting average against of .235 and 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- In two starts this season, Stroman has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Rays rank eighth in MLB with 50 runs scored this season. They have a .251 batting average this campaign with eight home runs (20th in the league).
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rays have won five out of the eight games in which they’ve been favored.
- Tampa Bay has entered eight games this season favored by -115 or more and is 5-3 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 53.5%.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 11 games with a total this season.
- The Rays are 5-6-0 against the spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have come away with five wins in the nine contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has a mark of 5-4 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 51% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in five of 11 chances this season.
- The Cubs are 8-3-0 against the spread in their 11 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco comes into Wednesday’s game as the Rays top run producer, collecting seven RBI while launching one home runs in 2022. His .372 average is also best on the squad.
- In all of the majors, Franco is 76th in home runs and 30th in RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi has totaled seven runs batted in to lead his team.
- Choi has four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .231 with a double, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Lowe has accumulated a team-best three home runs and seven runs batted in.
- Lowe is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .111 with three walks and an RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .273 with two doubles and six walks.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seiya Suzuki leads the squad with a batting average of .414, while pacing the Cubs in home runs, with four and runs batted in with 11.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Suzuki’s home run total ranks fourth and his RBI tally ranks fifth.
- Suzuki has collected a hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with a double, a home run, seven walks and an RBI.
- Frank Schwindel is batting .256 with two doubles, two home runs and two walks.
- Schwindel is 26th in homers and 50th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Patrick Wisdom has five doubles, two home runs and three walks while hitting .250.
- Willson Contreras is hitting .229 with three doubles, two home runs and three walks.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Cubs
We have the Cubs on the moneyline at -104 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price