The Phoenix Suns (64-18) are slight favorites against the Dallas Mavericks (52-30) on May 8, 2022 in a game projected to be a hard-fought meeting. Phoenix and Devin Booker are a 1.5-point favorite against Luka Doncic and Dallas. The matchup’s over/under is 215. Find more below on the Suns vs. Mavericks betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Suns vs. Mavericks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Suns vs. Mavericks Game Info
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Arena: American Airlines Center
Computer Predictions for Suns vs. Mavericks
|Mavericks (+1.5)||Over (215)||Suns 109 Mavericks 108|
Suns vs. Mavericks Betting Trends
- Phoenix was 40-26-3 against the spread last season.
- The Suns’ ATS record as 1.5-point favorites or more was 31-19-3 last year.
- In 71 Phoenix games last year, 40 of them went over the total.
Phoenix Suns Leaders
- Chris Paul put up a team-leading 8.7 assists per game last season. He also posted 16.1 points and 4.4 rebounds, shooting 50.1% from the field and 39.7% from beyond the arc with 1.4 made 3-pointers per game.
- Devin Booker paced the Suns at 25.2 points per game last year, while also posting 4.3 assists and 4.1 rebounds.
- Deandre Ayton led his team in rebounds per game (10.4) last year, and also posted 14.3 points and 1.4 assists. At the other end, he posted 0.6 steals and 1.2 blocked shots.
- Mikal Bridges put up 13.3 points, 2.1 assists and 4.3 rebounds per contest last season.
- Elfrid Payton posted 10.0 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game last year, shooting 43.1% from the field.
Phoenix Suns Season Stats
|Field Goal %||48.5||1|
|Opp. Field Goal %||44.4||3|
|Rebounds Per Game||45.3||8|
|Opp. Rebounds Per Game||44.5||19|
|Turnovers Per Game||12.3||6|
|Opp. Turnovers Per Game||14.0||6|
Mavericks vs. Suns Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Dallas is 52-39-1 this year.
- The Mavericks are 17-19 as 1.5-point underdogs or more.
- There have been 36 Dallas games (out of 82) that went over the total this year.
Dallas Mavericks Leaders
- Luka Doncic is atop almost all of the Mavericks’ leaderboards by recording 28.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and 8.7 assists per game.
- Doncic (1.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Dallas while Maxi Kleber (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
Dallas Mavericks Season Stats
|Field Goal %||46.1||18|
|Opp. Field Goal %||45.7||12|
|Rebounds Per Game||43.0||24|
|Opp. Rebounds Per Game||43.6||10|
|Turnovers Per Game||11.7||3|
|Opp. Turnovers Per Game||12.5||19|
Suns and Mavericks Injury Report
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Foot)
Betting Tips for Suns vs. Mavericks
After taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet against the spread is Mavericks (+1.5). Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 215 points, with the teams finishing with a final score of Suns 109, Mavericks 108 when it’s sorted out on the court.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price