Seeking their third win of the year, the St. Louis Cardinals (2-1) are favorites (-194) on the moneyline when they take on the Kansas City Royals (2-2) Tuesday at 7:45 PM ET. Dakota Hudson will get the ball for St. Louis while Kansas City counter with Daniel Lynch.
Table of Contents
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Kansas City Royals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Cardinals vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+168) and Over (8.5)
Cardinals vs. Royals Game Info
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Dakota Hudson
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Daniel Lynch
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
St. Louis Cardinals vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Cardinals Starter Dakota Hudson
- Hudson starts for the first time this season for the Cardinals.
- The 27-year-old righty last appeared Saturday, Oct. 2 against the Chicago Cubs, when he started and went five scoreless innings.
- Last season he finished with a 2.08 ERA and a 0.923 WHIP over his two games, compiling a 1-0 record.
Royals Starter Daniel Lynch
- Lynch gets the nod for the Royals and will make his first start of the season.
- The 25-year-old lefty last pitched Thursday, Sept. 30 against the Cleveland Guardians, tossing three innings as the starter.
- He pitched to a 6.09 ERA while striking out 7.7 batters per nine innings with a record of 4-6 last season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals won 51, or 60.7%, of the 84 games they played as favorites last season.
- St. Louis entered 10 games last season favored by -194 or more and was 6-4 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 66% chance to win.
- St. Louis and its opponents went over the total last season in 74 of their 161 opportunities.
- The Cardinals were 56-60-0 against the spread in their 116 chances last season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals won in 46, or 41.8%, of the 110 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Last season, Kansas City came away with a win six times in 18 chances when named as an underdog of +168 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 37.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Kansas City went over the total set by oddsmakers in 68 of 159 chances last season.
- The Royals went 54-59-0 against the spread in their 113 games that had a posted line last season.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt had a batting average of .294 with 177 total hits last season.
- Nolan Arenado hit 34 home runs with 105 runs batted in last year.
- Tommy Edman hit .262 last season with 41 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 38 walks.
- Tyler O’Neill hit 34 home runs on the season while slugging .560.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 last season with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Salvador Perez had 48 home runs and 121 runs batted in a season ago.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 a season ago with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez had a .300 batting average with 149 hits.
|Michael A. Taylor||142||.244||.297||.356||12||54||118|
Betting Tips for Cardinals vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at +168 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price