The New York Mets (8-3) will look to Brandon Nimmo, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the San Francisco Giants (6-4) Wednesday at Citi Field. The Giants are -113 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:10 PM ET. Carlos Rodon will get the ball for San Francisco while New York counter with Chris Bassitt.
Table of Contents
San Francisco Giants vs. New York Mets: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Mets
Our computer pick: New York Mets (-106) and Over (7)
Giants vs. Mets Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
San Francisco Giants vs New York Mets Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- The Giants will look to Rodon (1-0) in his third start of the season.
- His last time out came on Friday against the Cleveland Guardians, when the lefty went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing two hits.
- Over his two games this season, opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of only .128 against him. He has a 1.50 ERA and averages 15.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The opposing Mets offense has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.381) and ranks eighth in MLB play with 11 home runs. It has a collective .241 batting average, and is 11th in MLB with 86 total hits and seventh in MLB action scoring 52 runs.
- The 29-year-old ranks ninth in ERA (1.50), seventh in WHIP (.750), and first in K/9 (15.8) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt heads to the mound for the Mets to make his third start of the season, seeking his third win.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw six innings, giving up one earned run while allowing two hits against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- He has an ERA of .75, a batting average against of .125 and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- He has earned a quality start two times in two starts this season.
- Bassitt has made two starts of five or more innings in two chances this season, and averages 6.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Giants rank 22nd in MLB with a .214 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.352) and 10 home runs.
- The 33-year-old ranks second in ERA (.75), third in WHIP (.667), and 11th in K/9 (10.5) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won five of the seven games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has a record of 5-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -113 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 53.1% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in three of their 11 opportunities.
- The Giants are 4-6-0 against the spread in their 10 chances this season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have split the two contests they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- New York has been listed as an underdog of -106 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mets have a 51.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in three of their 12 opportunities.
- In 11 games with a line this season, the Mets have a mark of 8-3-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Belt paces the Giants in runs batted in (five) and has put up a team-high batting average of .290.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Belt’s home run total ranks him 26th, and his RBI tally ranks him 66th.
- Belt brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a home run, five walks and four RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a double, a home run and a walk while batting .216.
- Estrada is 76th in home runs and 97th in RBI on the year.
- Joc Pederson leads the Giants with three home runs.
- Pederson will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with three home runs and three RBI.
- Wilmer Flores has two doubles, a home run and two walks while batting .200.
- Flores is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor paces the Mets with three home runs and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .317.
- Lindor is eighth in home runs and 11th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Lindor has collected a hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with four doubles, three home runs, eight walks and eight RBI.
- Pete Alonso has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with three home runs and 14 RBI.
- Alonso is eighth in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Starling Marte is hitting .220 with two home runs and two walks.
- Eduardo Escobar has five doubles, a triple and eight walks while hitting .286.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Mets
Our best bet is the Mets on the moneyline at -106 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price