The Cincinnati Reds (2-9) hope to avoid their eighth straight defeat when they visit the San Diego Padres (7-5) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are listed as -184 favorites, while the Reds are +158 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. San Diego’s Joe Musgrove gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Reiver Sanmartin.
Table of Contents
San Diego Padres vs. Cincinnati Reds: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+158) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Reds Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Joe Musgrove
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Reiver Sanmartin
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Joe Musgrove
- The Padres are sending Musgrove (1-0) out to make his third start of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Friday against the Atlanta Braves, when the right-hander went 6 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing four hits.
- In two games this season, he has a 1.42 ERA and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .200 against him.
- The opposing Reds offense has a collective .181 batting average, and is 23rd in the league with 63 total hits and 22nd in MLB play with 35 runs scored. It has the 29th-ranked slugging percentage (.287) and ranks 19th in home runs (eight) in all of MLB.
- The 29-year-old’s 1.42 ERA ranks 14th, .711 WHIP ranks ninth, and 9.9 K/9 ranks 17th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Reds Starter Reiver Sanmartin
- The Reds’ Sanmartin will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Friday when he threw five scoreless innings out of the bullpen against the Los Angeles Dodgers while allowing two hits.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 6.14, a batting average against of .240 and 4.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Padres have scored 49 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 89 hits, fifth in baseball, with nine home runs (14th in the league).
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites nine times this season and won six of those games.
- San Diego has played as a favorite of -184 or more once this season and won that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 64.8% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in three of their 12 games with a total.
- In 12 games with a spread this season, the Padres are 7-5-0 ATS.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been chosen as underdogs in nine games this year and have walked away with the win two times (22.2%) in those games.
- Cincinnati has yet to win this season when listed as an underdog of +158 or worse on the moneyline this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 38.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in six of their 11 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread mark of 4-7-0 in 11 games with a line this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado is hitting .354 with five doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Machado is 21st in home runs and 13th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Jurickson Profar has shown off his power as he leads his team with three home runs and nine runs batted in.
- Including all MLB hitters, Profar ranks seventh in homers and ninth in RBI.
- Profar has five games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .067 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Austin Nola has a home run and three walks while hitting .265.
- Jake Cronenworth has a double, a triple and seven walks while hitting .190.
- Cronenworth brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .056 with two walks and an RBI.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tyler Stephenson has put up a team-leading two home runs and has driven in six runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Stephenson ranks 21st in homers and 41st in RBI.
- Kyle Farmer has a club-leading .297 batting average.
- Farmer ranks 179th in home runs and 55th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Brandon Drury has two home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Jake Fraley has a double, a home run and four walks while hitting .133.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Reds
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +158. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price