The Cincinnati Reds (2-8) hope to avoid their seventh straight defeat when they visit the San Diego Padres (6-5) Monday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are listed as -171 favorites, while the Reds are +148 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. San Diego’s Sean Manaea gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Nick Lodolo.
Table of Contents
San Diego Padres vs. Cincinnati Reds: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+148) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Reds Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Sean Manaea
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Nick Lodolo
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Sean Manaea
- The Padres will look to Manaea (1-1) in his third start of the season.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the lefty threw six innings against the San Francisco Giants, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In two games this season, he has put up a 1.38 ERA and averages 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .095 against him.
- Manaea is trying to extend a second-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Manaea will try to prolong a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.2 frames per outing).
- The opposing Reds offense has the 29th-ranked slugging percentage (.285) and is 20th in MLB play with seven home runs. It has a collective .180 batting average, and is 26th in MLB with 57 total hits and 21st in MLB action scoring 34 runs.
- The 30-year-old’s 1.38 ERA ranks 16th, .538 WHIP ranks first, and 9.0 K/9 ranks 32nd among qualifying pitchers this season.
Reds Starter Nick Lodolo
- The Reds will send Lodolo to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw four innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up five earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 11.25, a batting average against of .368 and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Padres rank 18th in MLB with a .228 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 20th in the league (.350) and eight home runs.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres won 67, or 57.8%, of the 116 games they played as favorites last season.
- Last season, San Diego won 36 of its 62 games, or 58.1%, when favored by at least -171 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.1% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego’s games went over the total in 82 of their 159 chances last season.
- In 118 games with a spread last season, the Padres were 58-60-0 ATS.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been underdogs in eight games this season and have come away with the win two times (25%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati has a mark of 2-6 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +148 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 40.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in six of their 10 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Reds have an against the spread record of 4-6-0 in 10 games with a line this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado drove in 106 RBI last season while batting .278.
- Jake Cronenworth had 33 doubles, seven triples, 21 home runs and 55 walks while hitting .266.
- Eric Hosmer hit .269 last season with 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 48 walks.
- Trent Grisham hit .242 with 28 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 54 walks.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Joey Votto racked up 36 home runs and had 99 runs batted in last season.
- Jonathan India hit .269 a season ago with 143 hits.
- Tommy Pham hit .229 last season with 24 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 78 walks.
- Tyler Naquin hit .270 with 24 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 35 walks.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Reds
After digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +148. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price