Nick Martinez will get the ball for San Diego while Atlanta counter with Ian Anderson.
Table of Contents
San Diego Padres vs. Atlanta Braves: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-110) and Over (8)
Padres vs. Braves Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Nick Martinez
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Nick Martinez
- The Padres will send Martinez (0-0) to the mound for his second start of the season.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, the right-hander threw five innings against the San Francisco Giants, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .278 against him this season. He has a 1.80 ERA and 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings over his one games.
- He will match up with a Braves offense that ranks third in MLB with 68 total hits (on a .234 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .383 (15th in MLB) with nine total home runs (fifth in MLB).
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- Anderson heads to the mound for the Braves to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 2 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while allowing three hits against the Cincinnati Reds.
- He has an ERA of 16.88, a batting average against of .273 and 3.4 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Padres rank 10th in MLB with a .248 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 18th in the league (.373) and six home runs.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres were favorites in 116 games last season and won 67 (57.8%) of those contests.
- San Diego had a record of 67-48, a 58.3% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by oddsmakers last season.
- The Padres have a 52.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving San Diego went over the total set by bookmakers in 82 of 159 chances last season.
- The Padres were 58-60-0 against the spread in their 118 chances last season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves were victorious in 29, or 49.2%, of the 59 contests they were chosen as underdogs in last season.
- Atlanta had a win-loss record of 29-30 when favored by -110 or worse by oddsmakers last year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Braves have a 52.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Atlanta and its opponents went over in 77 of their 171 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- In 129 games with a line last season, the Braves had a mark of 68-61-0 against the spread.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado drove in 106 RBI last season while batting .278.
- Jake Cronenworth hit .266 with 33 doubles, seven triples, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Eric Hosmer hit .269 last season with 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 48 walks.
- Trent Grisham had 28 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .242.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley is hitting .303 with three doubles, two home runs and six walks, while getting on base at a rate of .425.
- Riley is 14th in home runs and 38th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Riley brings a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .333 with three doubles, two home runs and a walk.
- Ozuna is 14th in home runs and 22nd in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Ozzie Albies has been a significant run producer for the Braves with three home runs and seven runs batted in.
- Matt Olson leads the Braves with a .367 batting average.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Braves
Our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at -110 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price