The San Diego Padres (4-3) host the Atlanta Braves (3-4) on Thursday to start a four-game series, with the first pitch at 8:10 PM ET from PETCO Park. The Padres are listed as -114 favorites, while the underdog Braves have -105 odds on the moneyline. Joe Musgrove gets the starting nod for San Diego while Charlie Morton is Atlanta’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
San Diego Padres vs. Atlanta Braves: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-105) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Braves Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Joe Musgrove
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Charlie Morton
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Joe Musgrove
- Musgrove (0-0) pitches for the Padres to make his second start this season.
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when the righty threw six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In one games this season, he has put up a 3.00 ERA and averages 12.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .227 against him.
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks second in the league with 34 runs while batting .238 as a squad. It has a collective .390 slugging percentage (11th in MLB play) and has hit a total of seven home runs (sixth in MLB).
Braves Starter Charlie Morton
- The Braves will send Morton to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 3.38, a 5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .563.
- The Padres rank 15th in MLB with a .230 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 21st in the league (.348) and four home runs.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Padres were favored 116 times and won 67, or 57.8%, of those games.
- San Diego had a record of 65-46, a 58.6% win rate, when favored by -114 or more by oddsmakers last season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 53.3% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego’s games went over the total in 82 of their 159 chances last season.
- The Padres were 58-60-0 against the spread last season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves came away with 29 wins in the 59 contests they were listed as the underdogs in last season.
- Last year, Atlanta won 24 of 53 games when listed as at least -105 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Braves have a 51.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Atlanta and its opponents went over the total last season in 77 of their 171 opportunities.
- The Braves had an against the spread record of 68-61-0 in 129 games with a line last season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado collected 106 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jake Cronenworth hit .266 with 33 doubles, seven triples, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Eric Hosmer hit .269 last season with 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 48 walks.
- Trent Grisham hit .242 with 28 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 54 walks.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson hit 39 home runs last season while slugging .540.
- Ozzie Albies hit .259 with 40 doubles, seven triples, 30 home runs and 47 walks.
- Austin Riley had a batting average of .303 with 179 total hits last season.
- Dansby Swanson hit .248 with 33 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 52 walks.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Braves
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at -105. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price