The San Diego Padres are moneyline favorites (-160) to begin their season with a road win over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday at 9:40 PM ET. Yu Darvish gets the starting nod for San Diego while Madison Bumgarner is Arizona’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
San Diego Padres vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+138) and Over (8.5)
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Yu Darvish
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Madison Bumgarner
- Game Day: Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
San Diego Padres vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Yu Darvish
- Darvish will start for the Padres, his first this season.
- The 35-year-old right-hander started and threw 4 2/3 innings when he last appeared Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- In 30 games last season he compiled an 8-11 record and had a 4.22 ERA and a 1.094 WHIP.
- He ranked 30th in ERA (4.22), 17th in WHIP (1.094), and seventh in K/9 (10.8) among qualified pitchers in MLB action last year.
Diamondbacks Starter Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner has been named the starter for the Diamondbacks and will make his first start this season.
- The 32-year-old southpaw hasn’t pitched since last season. He last appeared on Friday, Oct. 1 against the San Francisco Giants, when he pitched 5 2/3 innings as the starter.
- Last season, he posted a 4.67 ERA with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings and a record of 7-10.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres were favorites in 116 games last season and won 67 (57.8%) of those contests.
- Last season, San Diego won 42 of its 73 games, or 57.5%, when favored by at least -160 on the moneyline.
- The Padres have a 61.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Diego and its opponents went over the total last season in 82 of their 159 opportunities.
- In 118 games with a spread last season, the Padres were 58-60-0 ATS.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks won in 39, or 28.5%, of the 137 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Arizona had a mark of 20-62 in contests where bookmakers set them as +138 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 42% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona’s games went over the total in 88 of its 159 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks had an against the spread mark of 56-60-0 in 116 games with a line last season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado drove in 106 RBI last season while batting .278.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. hit 42 home runs while batting .282.
- Jake Cronenworth hit .266 a season ago with 33 doubles, seven triples, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Eric Hosmer hit .269 with 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 48 walks.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||130||.282||.364||.611||42||97||135|
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- David Peralta collected 63 runs batted in a season ago.
- Ketel Marte powered out 14 home runs a season ago while slugging .532.
- Pavin Smith had a batting average of .267 with 133 total hits last season.
- Josh Rojas hit .264 with 32 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 58 walks.
Betting Tips for Padres vs. Diamondbacks
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +138. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price