The Baltimore Orioles (10-15) and Ryan Mountcastle (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (-106) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Kansas City Royals (8-15) on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. Kansas City’s Zack Greinke and Baltimore’s Jordan Lyles have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Royals vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Royals vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (-106) and Over (7.5)
Royals vs. Orioles Game Info
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Kansas City Royals vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Royals Starter Zack Greinke
- The Royals will send Greinke (0-2) to make his sixth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 2.57 ERA and seven strikeouts through 28 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the right-hander went six innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- The 38-year-old has put together a 2.57 ERA and 2.3 strikeouts per nine innings across five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .242 to his opponents.
- Greinke is seeking his third quality start in a row.
- Greinke is looking for his sixth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He will face an Orioles offense that ranks 27th in the league with 80 runs while batting .226 as a squad. It has a collective .340 slugging percentage (25th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 16 home runs (27th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 38-year-old’s 2.57 ERA ranks 22nd, .964 WHIP ranks 19th, and 2.3 K/9 ranks 60th.
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- The Orioles’ Lyles (2-1) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in six innings against the Boston Red Sox.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 2.95 and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .305.
- He has started four games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Lyles will look to pitch five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Royals are batting .219 this season, 26th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .320 (28th in the league) with 13 home runs.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Royals have been favored five times and won two of those games.
- Kansas City is 2-3 this season when entering a game favored by -113 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 53.1% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Games involving Kansas City have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 23 chances this season.
- The Royals are 11-12-0 ATS in their 23 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in 10, or 40%, of the 25 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious 10 times in 25 chances when named as an underdog of at least -106 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 51.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by bookmakers in seven of 25 chances this season.
- The Orioles are 15-10-0 against the spread in their 25 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi leads the Royals in runs batted in (11) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .354.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Benintendi’s home run total places him 181st, and his RBI tally ranks him 94th.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .229 with five doubles, a triple, a home run and three walks.
- Of all MLB hitters, Witt Jr. is 181st in homers and 179th in RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has five doubles, a triple, three home runs and two walks while hitting .257.
- Dozier is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles.
- Michael A. Taylor has two home runs and 10 walks while batting .226.
- Taylor brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .375 with a home run and three RBI.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||22||.229||.264||.349||1||7||19|
|Michael A. Taylor||21||.226||.329||.323||2||7||14|
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins leads the Orioles with four long balls.
- In all of MLB, Mullins ranks 39th in home runs and 94th in RBI.
- Mullins has collected a hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .317 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Austin Hays is hitting .286 to lead the lineup.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hays ranks 112th in home runs and 129th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander has two doubles, two home runs and 17 walks while hitting .241.
- Mountcastle leads the Orioles in home runs (four) and runs batted in (12).
Betting Tips for Royals vs. Orioles
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at -106. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price