Coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Phillies, the Colorado Rockies (8-4) are -123 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a three-game series against the Detroit Tigers (5-7). The series begins at Comerica Park, starting on Saturday at 1:10 PM ET. Colorado’s Antonio Senzatela gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Tarik Skubal.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+103) and Over (8.5)
Rockies vs. Tigers Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Antonio Senzatela
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Tarik Skubal
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Colorado Rockies vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Antonio Senzatela
- Senzatela (1-0) gets the starting nod for the Rockies, his third this season.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the right-hander threw five innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up one earned run while surrendering seven hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .457 against him this season. He has a 2.16 ERA and 2.2 strikeouts per nine innings over his two games.
- He will face a Tigers offense that ranks 25th in MLB with 79 total hits (on a .210 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .311 (26th in MLB) with six total home runs (29th in MLB).
Tigers Starter Tarik Skubal
- Skubal will take to the mound for the Tigers, his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Kansas City Royals, throwing 5 2/3 innings and giving up no earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 3.72, a 10 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.241.
- Skubal has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Rockies rank second in MLB with a .282 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks second in the league (.446) and 12 home runs.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have won two of the four games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Colorado has a record of 1-2 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -123 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.2% chance of a victory for the Rockies.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 12 opportunities.
- The Rockies have an ATS record of 7-5-0 in 12 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been victorious in five, or 41.7%, of the 12 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Detroit has a mark of 5-7 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +103 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 49.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit’s games have gone over the total in four of their 12 opportunities.
- In 12 games with a line this season, the Tigers have a mark of 5-7-0 against the spread.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron is the Rockies best power option, connecting on six homers this season in addition to collecting 16 RBI, both team highs.
- Cron’s home runs put him first in MLB, and he ranks second in RBI.
- Cron carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Connor Joe is batting .349 to lead his team.
- Joe ranks 35th in home runs and 114th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Joe carries an eight-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, six walks and four RBI.
- Kris Bryant leads the Rockies with a team-high batting average of .349.
- Bryant will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .225 with five doubles, a home run and three walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows is hitting .306 with a double, a triple and six walks, while getting on base at a rate of .419.
- Meadows’ home run total puts him 196th in MLB, and he ranks 114th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with two home runs and five RBI.
- Torkelson is 35th in home runs and 80th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Miguel Cabrera paces the Tigers’ lineup with a .308 batting average.
- Eric Haase is batting .160 with a double, a home run and three walks.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +103 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price