The Colorado Rockies (17-16) are -136 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Kansas City Royals (11-20) Sunday at 3:10 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Royals are listed with +116 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Colorado’s Austin Gomber gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Daniel Lynch.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+116) and Under (11)
Rockies vs. Royals Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Austin Gomber
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Daniel Lynch
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Austin Gomber
- The Rockies will send Gomber (2-3) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 2-3 with a 4.36 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 33 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the San Francisco Giants, when he went 5 1/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In six games this season, the 28-year-old has an ERA of 4.36, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .258 against him.
- Gomber is looking to collect his fourth quality start of the year.
- Gomber will look to prolong a five-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing).
- He will face a Royals offense that ranks 29th in the league with 110 runs while batting .223 as a unit. It has a collective .330 slugging percentage (28th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 18 home runs (29th in MLB).
- The 28-year-old ranks 50th in ERA (4.36), 41st in WHIP (1.242), and 31st in K/9 (7.9) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Royals Starter Daniel Lynch
- The Royals will hand the ball to Lynch (2-2) for his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in 3 2/3 innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 4.01 and 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .242.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Lynch has started five games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings four times. He averages 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Rockies are batting .261 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .414 (fifth in the league) with 33 home runs.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been favorites in 12 games this season and won eight (66.7%) of those contests.
- This season, Colorado has won five of its six games when favored by at least -136 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rockies, based on the moneyline, is 57.6%.
- Games involving Colorado have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 18 of 33 chances this season.
- In 33 games with a spread this season, the Rockies are 15-18-0 ATS.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been underdogs in 26 games this season and have come away with the win eight times (30.8%) in those contests.
- Kansas City has a win-loss record of 2-14 when favored by +116 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 46.3% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 15 of their 32 opportunities.
- The Royals are 14-18-0 against the spread in their 32 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (24).
- Of all batters in baseball, Cron’s home run total places him fifth, and his RBI tally ranks him ninth.
- Cron has collected a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 15 walks while hitting .283.
- Joe ranks 60th in homers in MLB, and 139th in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has six doubles, five home runs and nine walks while batting .217.
- Blackmon is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .143 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jose Iglesias is batting .313 to pace his team.
- Iglesias has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Royals are lead in runs batted in by Andrew Benintendi with a mark of 15, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .316.
- In all of the majors, Benintendi is 144th in home runs and 69th in RBI.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .286 with seven doubles, two triples, three home runs and six walks.
- Dozier ranks 97th among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 201st in RBI.
- Salvador Perez leads the Royals with six long balls.
- Michael A. Taylor is hitting .236 with a double, a triple, two home runs and 13 walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||29||.236||.330||.337||2||11||21|
|Bobby Witt Jr.||30||.212||.238||.347||2||13||25|
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at +116 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 11 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price