Following a five-hit effort last time out, Hunter Dozier leads the Kansas City Royals (11-19) into action as +139 underdogs against the Colorado Rockies (16-16). First pitch from Coors Field at 8:10 PM ET on Saturday. German Marquez takes the mound for Colorado while Carlos Hernandez is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+139) and Over (10.5)
Rockies vs. Royals Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Carlos Hernández
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- Marquez gets the start for the Rockies, his seventh of the season. He is 0-3 with a 6.47 ERA and 26 strikeouts through 32 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday, the righty went six innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 6.47 ERA and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .328 to his opponents.
- Marquez heads into the outing with two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Marquez is seeking his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 frames per appearance on the mound.
- The opposing Royals offense has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.327) and is 29th in MLB play with 16 home runs. It has a collective .225 batting average, and is 27th in MLB with 227 total hits and 29th in MLB action scoring 106 runs.
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 57th in ERA (6.47), 58th in WHIP (1.688), and 42nd in K/9 (7.3) among qualifying pitchers.
Royals Starter Carlos Hernández
- The Royals will send Hernandez (0-2) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Monday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up six earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 7.15, a 0.833 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.897 in five games this season.
- None of Hernandez’s five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- In five starts this season, Hernandez has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Rockies rank 10th in MLB with 143 runs scored this season. They have a .259 batting average this campaign with 30 home runs (13th in the league).
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rockies have won seven out of the 11 games, or 63.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Colorado has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -160.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rockies, based on the moneyline, is 61.5%.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 17 of their 32 chances.
- The Rockies are 14-18-0 against the spread in their 32 chances this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have come away with eight wins in the 25 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Kansas City has won one of eight games when listed as at least +139 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 41.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Kansas City and their opponents have gone over in 14 of their 31 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Royals have an against the spread mark of 14-17-0 in 31 games with a line this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has gone yard nine times in the 2022 campaign while driving in 24 runs, both totals that lead the Rockies.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Cron is fifth in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 14 walks while batting .291.
- Joe is 57th in home runs in the majors, and 132nd in RBI.
- Joe carries a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .316 with a triple, six walks and three RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has six doubles, four home runs and nine walks while hitting .218.
- Jose Iglesias has a club-high .316 batting average.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi leads the Royals with 15 runs batted in while racking up a team-best batting average of .324.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Benintendi is 139th in home runs and 65th in RBI.
- Benintendi carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Dozier is batting .287 with seven doubles, two triples, three home runs and six walks.
- Dozier ranks 94th overall in home runs and 196th in RBI this season.
- Salvador Perez has five home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .233 with a double, two home runs and 13 walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||28||.233||.330||.314||2||11||20|
|Bobby Witt Jr.||29||.211||.237||.325||1||12||24|
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Royals
Our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +139 after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 10.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price