Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Wednesday when the Colorado Rockies (13-10) and Washington Nationals (9-16) take to the field at 8:40 PM ET. Randal Grichuk is batting .348 for the Rockies (-149 favorites on the moneyline) while Josh Bell leads the underdog Nationals (+127) with a .366 a verage. Colorado’s Austin Gomber gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Patrick Corbin.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+127) and Over (10.5)
Rockies vs. Nationals Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Austin Gomber
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Austin Gomber
- Gomber gets the start for the Rockies, his fifth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 3.86 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 21 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the left-hander went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up a 3.86 ERA and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings across four games this season, while allowing a batting average of .241 to his opponents.
- Gomber is trying to secure his third straight quality start in this outing.
- Gomber will try to build on a three-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- He will take the mound against a Nationals team that is batting .246 as a unit (fifth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .347 (21st in MLB) with 14 total home runs (26th in MLB).
Nationals Starter Patrick Corbin
- The Nationals’ Corbin (0-4) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in six innings against the Miami Marlins.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to an 8.69 ERA this season with 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 5.9 walks per nine across five games.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Corbin has made two starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 3.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Rockies have scored 106 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They are batting .264 for the campaign with 25 home runs, ninth in the league.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rockies have won five out of the eight games in which they’ve been favored.
- Colorado has played as a favorite of -149 or more once this season and won that game.
- The Rockies have a 59.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Colorado and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 23 games with a total this season.
- In 23 games with a spread this season, the Rockies are 11-12-0 ATS.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have won in seven, or 35%, of the 20 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Washington has a win-loss record of 4-5 when favored by +127 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 44.1% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Washington and their opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 25 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals have an against the spread record of 10-15-0 in 25 games with a line this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron is the Rockies best power option, crushing nine round-trippers this season in addition to collecting 22 RBI, both team highs.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Cron’s home run total ranks him first, and his RBI tally puts him second.
- Cron has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with a double, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, a triple, four home runs and 12 walks while batting .273.
- Joe ranks 28th in homers and 127th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .256 with five doubles, four home runs and seven walks.
- Blackmon is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .190 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Grichuk has a club-leading .348 batting average.
- Grichuk has recorded at least one hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bell paces the Nationals with 18 runs batted in while racking up a team-high batting average of .366.
- Bell is 53rd in home runs and sixth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Juan Soto has collected a team-best five home runs.
- Soto is 17th in home runs and 180th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Yadiel Hernandez has seven doubles, a home run and three walks while hitting .362.
- Maikel Franco has six doubles, two home runs and five walks while batting .274.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Nationals
We have the Nationals on the moneyline at +127 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 10.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price