Randal Grichuk, batting .354 this season, leads the Colorado Rockies (13-9) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Josh Bell (.351 AVG) and the Washington Nationals (8-16). Grichuk and the Rockies are -155 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Coors Field, beginning at 8:40 PM ET. Colorado’s German Marquez gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Erick Fedde.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+135) and Over (10.5)
Rockies vs. Nationals Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Erick Fedde
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Colorado Rockies vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- The Rockies are sending Marquez (0-1) to the mound for his fifth start of the season. He is 0-1 with a 5.57 ERA and 14 strikeouts through 21 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, the right-hander tossed 3 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has put together a 5.57 ERA and 6 strikeouts per nine innings in four games this season, while giving up a batting average of .308 to his opponents.
- He will take the hill against a Nationals offense that ranks fourth in MLB with 191 total hits (on a .238 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .333 (25th in MLB) with 12 total home runs (26th in MLB).
Nationals Starter Erick Fedde
- The Nationals’ Fedde (1-2) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on three hits in a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 6.00, 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .282.
- In four starts, Fedde has pitched through or past the fifth inning two times. He has a season average of 4.2 frames per outing.
- The Rockies are batting .266 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .431 (first in the league) with 24 home runs.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rockies have won five out of the seven games in which they’ve been favored.
- Colorado has played as a favorite of -155 or more once this season and won that game.
- The Rockies have a 60.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Colorado and its opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 22 games with a total this season.
- The Rockies are 11-11-0 against the spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 19 games this season and have come away with the win six times (31.6%) in those contests.
- This season, Washington has come away with a win four times in nine chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 42.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Washington have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 24 chances this season.
- The Nationals are 9-15-0 against the spread in their 24 games that had a posted line this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron is the Rockies best power hitter, connecting on eight long balls this season in addition to accumulating 21 RBI, both team highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Cron ranks 41st in batting average, 74th in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Connor Joe is hitting .282 with five doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Joe is 23rd in homers and 114th in RBI in the bigs.
- Charlie Blackmon has five doubles, four home runs and seven walks while batting .257.
- Blackmon will look to build on his two-game hitting in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Grichuk is hitting .354 to pace his team.
- Grichuk is riding a three-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Nationals are lead in runs batted in by Bell with a mark of 15, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .351.
- In all of the majors, Bell ranks 82nd in home runs and 11th in RBI.
- Juan Soto’s four home runs pace his team.
- Soto is currently 23rd in homers and 198th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Cesar Hernandez is hitting .272 with six doubles and four walks.
- Yadiel Hernandez is hitting .340 with six doubles, a home run and three walks.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Nationals
We have the Nationals on the moneyline at +135 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 10.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price