The Arizona Diamondbacks (14-13) roll into Saturday’s matchup with the Colorado Rockies (15-11) looking to extend a four-game winning streak. The contest starts at 8:10 PM ET with the Rockies listed as -110 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Diamondbacks’ streak. Colorado’s Kyle Freeland and Arizona’s Zach Davies have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (-109) and Over (8.5)
Rockies vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zach Davies
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (1-3 with a 4.85 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 26 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rockies, his sixth of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the left-hander threw seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 28-year-old has put together a 4.85 ERA and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season, while allowing a batting average of .283 to his opponents.
- Freeland has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Freeland will try to go five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing.
- He will face a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 22nd in the league with 95 runs while batting .192 as a squad. It has a collective .351 slugging percentage (22nd in MLB play) and has hit a total of 31 home runs (sixth in MLB).
- The 28-year-old’s 4.85 ERA ranks 56th, 1.423 WHIP ranks 58th, and 7.3 K/9 ranks 47th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Diamondbacks Starter Zach Davies
- The Diamondbacks will send Davies (1-1) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up no earned runs in five innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.24, a 1.455 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.329 in five games this season.
- None of Davies’ five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Davies has made three starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 4.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Rockies have scored 121 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .263 for the campaign with 28 home runs, 10th in the league.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rockies have won seven out of the 10 games in which they’ve been favored.
- Colorado has entered 10 games this season favored by -110 or more and is 7-3 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 52.4% chance to win.
- So far this season, Colorado and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 26 games with a total.
- The Rockies are 13-13-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with 15 wins in the 28 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious 15 times in 28 chances when named as an underdog of at least -109 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 52.2% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Arizona have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 29 chances this season.
- The Diamondbacks have posted a record of 19-10-0 against the spread this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (24).
- Cron is first in home runs and second in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Cron carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 12 walks while hitting .271.
- Joe is 35th in home runs and 99th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Joe carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a triple, four walks and two RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .247 with five doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
- Randal Grichuk’s .321 batting average leads his team.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Daulton Varsho paces the Diamondbacks in home runs (six) and runs batted in (13).
- In all of the majors, Varsho is 13th in home runs and 53rd in RBI.
- Varsho brings a hitting streak of seven games into this game. During his last nine outings he is batting .286 with four doubles, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Christian Walker has put his power on display as he leads his team with six home runs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Walker is 13th in home runs and 82nd in RBI.
- Pavin Smith paces the Diamondbacks with a team-high batting average of .274.
- David Peralta is hitting .214 with five doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Rockies vs. Diamondbacks
Our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at -109 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price