The Boston Red Sox will look to pick up their 11th win of the season when they take on the Chicago White Sox (11-13) Sunday. The game begins at 11:35 AM ET, with the Red Sox listed as -140 favorites on the moneyline. Michael Wacha takes the mound for Boston while Dallas Keuchel is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. White Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (+119) and Over (8.5)
Red Sox vs. White Sox Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Michael Wacha
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dallas Keuchel
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 11:35 AM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Michael Wacha
- The Red Sox are sending Wacha (3-0) out to make his sixth start of the season. He is 3-0 with a 1.38 ERA and 19 strikeouts through 26 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the righty tossed 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Angels while surrendering three hits.
- The 30-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.38, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are batting just .148 against him.
- Wacha has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Wacha is seeking his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will face a White Sox offense that ranks 28th in the league with 79 runs while batting .223 as a squad. It has a collective .352 slugging percentage (21st in MLB action) and has hit a total of 21 home runs (19th in MLB).
White Sox Starter Dallas Keuchel
- The White Sox’s Keuchel (1-3) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 8.40 and 4.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .343.
- In four starts this season, Keuchel has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 3.2 innings per appearance.
- The Red Sox are batting .227 this season, 18th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .343 (24th in the league) with 16 home runs.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have entered the game as favorites 12 times this season and won six, or 50%, of those games.
- Boston has a record of 2-3 when favored by -140 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 58.3% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 27 chances.
- The Red Sox are 14-13-0 ATS in their 27 games with a spread this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have been named as the underdog six times this season but have yet to come away with a victory in any of those games.
- Chicago has yet to win this season when listed as an underdog of +119 or worse on the moneyline this season.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 45.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 11 of 25 chances this season.
- The White Sox are 10-15-0 against the spread in their 25 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers’ four homers in 2022 are the most on the Red Sox. He’s also knocked in 11 runs while hitting .292.
- Of all batters in baseball, Devers ranks 35th in homers and 88th in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ .347 batting average leads his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 107th in homers and 106th in RBI on the season.
- Bogaerts carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has accumulated a team-high 13 runs batted in.
- Martinez will look to build on his nine-game hitting in this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has totaled 13 runs batted in to lead his team.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson leads the White Sox with a .321 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Anderson is 64th in homers and 156th in RBI.
- Jose Abreu has four doubles, three home runs and 10 walks while batting .247.
- Among all major league hitters, Abreu is 64th in homers and 126th in RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .275 with three doubles, three home runs and two walks.
- Yasmani Grandal is hitting .151 with two doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. White Sox
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the White Sox on the moneyline at +119. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price