The Detroit Tigers (26-40) will look to Robbie Grossman, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Boston Red Sox (36-31) Monday at Fenway Park. The Red Sox are -173 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:10 PM ET. Boston’s Josh Winckowski gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Alex Faedo.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+148) and Over (9.5)
Red Sox vs. Tigers Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Josh Winckowski
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Alex Faedo
- Game Day: Monday, June 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Josh Winckowski
- Winckowski (1-1) starts for the Red Sox, his third of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, when he threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- He has a 4.50 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .294 against him over his two appearances this season.
- He will take the hill against a Tigers offense that is hitting .224 as a unit (27th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .323 (30th in MLB) with 35 total home runs (30th in MLB).
Tigers Starter Alex Faedo
- Faedo (1-3) will take the mound for the Tigers, his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings while giving up seven earned runs on nine hits in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in eight games this season with an ERA of 4.28, a 2.75 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.400.
- In eight starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- In eight starts, Faedo has pitched through or past the fifth inning seven times. He has a season average of 5.0 frames per outing.
- The Red Sox are batting .258 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .413 (sixth in the league) with 64 home runs.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Red Sox have won 24 out of the 39 games, or 61.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Boston has a record of 5-4 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -173 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.4% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Games involving Boston have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 27 of 67 chances this season.
- The Red Sox have an ATS record of 36-31-0 in 67 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been victorious in 19, or 38%, of the 50 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Detroit has a mark of 5-15 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +148 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 40.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 23 of their 66 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 66 games with a line this season, the Tigers have a mark of 30-36-0 against the spread.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 16 homers on the year. He’s also hitting .330 with 42 RBI.
- Including all MLB hitters, Devers is fifth in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .337 to pace his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Bogaerts ranks 108th in homers and 67th in RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .336 with 23 doubles, eight home runs and 24 walks.
- Alex Verdugo has 14 doubles, four home runs and 15 walks while hitting .247.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harold Castro is batting .281 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and three walks, while getting on base at a rate of .298.
- Among all batters in MLB, Castro’s home run total ranks 184th and his RBI tally ranks 212th.
- Jonathan Schoop’s five home runs lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Schoop is 142nd in homers and 172nd in RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera has the top batting average on the Tigers (.297) and paces in runs batted in (22).
- Willi Castro is hitting .255 with eight doubles, a triple, two home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Tigers
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +148. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price