The Boston Red Sox (9-13) and the Baltimore Orioles (7-13) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 1:05 PM ET. The Red Sox are -155 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Orioles (+133). Nick Pivetta starts for Boston while Jordan Lyles is Baltimore’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+133) and Over (8.5)
Red Sox vs. Orioles Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nick Pivetta
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Nick Pivetta
- The Red Sox are sending Pivetta (0-3) to make his fifth start of the season. He is 0-3 with an 8.27 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 16 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In four games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 8.27, with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .297 against him.
- The opposing Orioles offense has a collective .211 batting average, and is 26th in the league with 140 total hits and last in MLB play with 54 runs scored. It has the worst slugging percentage (.302) and ranks 29th in home runs (eight) in all of MLB.
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- Lyles (1-1) will take to the mound for the Orioles and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander allowed five hits in five scoreless innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday, April 20.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.52, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.565 in three games this season.
- Lyles will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Red Sox have scored 76 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They have 166 hits, 10th in baseball, with 12 home runs (25th in the league).
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been favorites in 10 games this season and won six (60%) of those contests.
- Boston has played as a favorite of -155 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 60.8% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in five of their 22 chances.
- In 22 games with a spread this season, the Red Sox are 13-9-0 ATS.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in seven, or 35%, of the 20 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious six times in 16 chances when named as an underdog of at least +133 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 42.9% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by bookmakers in four of 20 chances this season.
- The Orioles are 11-9-0 against the spread in their 20 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has hit a team-high three home runs.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Devers ranks 46th in homers and 86th in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .275 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .375 to pace his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 149th in homers and 86th in RBI on the season.
- Alex Verdugo leads the Red Sox with three home runs and 13 runs batted in.
- Kike Hernandez has eight doubles, a home run and nine walks while hitting .193.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Hays leads the team in batting average with a mark of .292.
- In all of the majors, Hays is 149th in homers and 151st in RBI.
- Hays brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with two home runs and eight runs batted in.
- Mullins ranks 77th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 101st in RBI.
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with two long balls.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads the Orioles in home runs (two) and runs batted in (eight).
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Orioles
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +133. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price