Led by Rafael Devers (three-game homer streak), the Boston Red Sox (33-29) are favorites versus the Oakland Athletics (21-42) Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. Oddsmakers have named the Red Sox as -200 favorites for the game. Boston’s Josh Winckowski and Oakland’s James Kaprielian have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+170) and Over (9.5)
Red Sox vs. Athletics Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Josh Winckowski
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: James Kaprielian
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Josh Winckowski
- Winckowski makes his first start of the season for the Red Sox.
- It’s the season debut and his first appearance in more than a year for the 23-year-old righty.
- The Athletics are 28th in MLB action with 207 runs scored this season, and are batting .210 with 45 home runs (29th in baseball).
Athletics Starter James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian (0-3) will take to the mound for the Athletics and make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.73 and 6 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .248 in eight games this season.
- Kaprielian has not earned a quality start in eight starts this season.
- Kaprielian will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Red Sox have scored 290 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB. They have 547 hits, fifth in baseball, with 60 home runs (18th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Red Sox one time this season, allowing them to go 5-for-20 with a double, a home run and four RBI in 5 1/3 innings.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Red Sox have won 21 out of the 34 games, or 61.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Boston is undefeated in three games this season when favored by -200 or more on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have a 66.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 23 of their 62 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have an ATS record of 34-28-0 in 62 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 51 games this season and have come away with the win 16 times (31.4%) in those contests.
- This year, Oakland has won four of 15 games when listed as at least +170 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 37% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in 28 of their 63 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics are 28-35-0 against the spread in their 63 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Devers has hit a team-best 15 homers.
- Devers is 12th in home runs and 18th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Devers has collected a hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .327 with 17 doubles, six home runs and 23 walks.
- Bogaerts is 105th in home runs and 73rd in RBI in the bigs.
- Bogaerts carries a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .351 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- J.D. Martinez leads the Red Sox with a team-best batting average of .345.
- Martinez is on a five-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .243 with 14 doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seth Brown has managed a team-leading eight home runs and has driven in 31 runs.
- Brown ranks 56th in home runs and 55th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .228 with 16 doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
- Andrus ranks 213th in homers and 269th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Sean Murphy has 14 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks while batting .201.
- Tony Kemp paces the Athletics with a .234 batting average.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Athletics
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +170. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price