Garrett Whitlock will get the ball for Boston while Los Angeles counter with Reid Detmers.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Angels Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Angels
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (-109) and Over (9)
Red Sox vs. Angels Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Garrett Whitlock
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Reid Detmers
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Garrett Whitlock
- The Red Sox will look to Whitlock (1-1) in his third start of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Thursday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he tossed three innings, allowing no earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In six appearances this season, he has a .54 ERA and 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .150 against him.
- He meets an Angels offense that ranks second in the league with 110 runs while batting .244 as a squad. It has a collective .409 slugging percentage (third in MLB action) and has hit a total of 28 home runs (fifth in MLB).
Angels Starter Reid Detmers
- The Angels will send Detmers (1-1) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed five innings while giving up one earned run on two hits in a matchup with the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 22-year-old has pitched to a 5.19 ERA this season with 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.6 walks per nine across four games.
- Detmers has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Red Sox rank 19th in MLB with a .231 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.351) and 15 home runs.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have entered the game as favorites 11 times this season and won six, or 54.5%, of those games.
- Boston is 6-5 this season when entering a game favored by -109 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Red Sox, based on the moneyline, is 52.2%.
- So far this season, Boston and its opponents have hit the over in six of their 24 games with a total.
- The Red Sox are 14-10-0 against the spread in their 24 chances this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been chosen as underdogs in six games this year and have walked away with the win two times (33.3%) in those games.
- This season, Los Angeles has come away with a win two times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least -109 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Angels have a 52.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 25 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Angels are 12-13-0 against the spread in their 25 games that had a posted line this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has a team-best four homers.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Devers ranks 28th in homers and 79th in RBI.
- Devers carries a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .310 with three doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has a club-best .356 batting average.
- Bogaerts is 160th in homers and 104th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- J.D. Martinez has racked up a team-high 13 runs batted in.
- Martinez is on a six-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last 10 games he is batting .351 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 13 RBI.
- Verdugo has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .182 with .
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mike Trout paces the Angels with six home runs and has a team-best batting average of .319.
- Among all batters in the majors, Trout is eighth in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward has four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 13 walks while batting .371.
- Among all MLB batters, Ward ranks 17th in home runs and 38th in RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is hitting .227 with four doubles, four home runs and seven walks.
- Anthony Rendon is batting .219 with five doubles, two home runs and 14 walks.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Angels
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Angels on the moneyline at -109. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price