The Minnesota Twins (12-9) and Kyle Garlick (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+129) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays (12-9) on Sunday at 1:10 PM ET. Josh Fleming will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Minnesota counter with Josh Winder.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+129) and Over (8)
Rays vs. Twins Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Josh Fleming
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Josh Winder
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Josh Fleming
- The Rays will look to Fleming (2-2) in his second start this season.
- His last time out was in relief on Tuesday when the left-hander tossed two innings against the Seattle Mariners, surrendering no earned runs while allowing four hits.
- In four appearances this season, he has a 4.50 ERA and 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .327 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Twins team that is batting .226 as a unit (20th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .376 (16th in MLB) with 23 total home runs (eighth in MLB).
Twins Starter Josh Winder
- Winder gets the nod for the Twins and will make his first start of the season.
- The 25-year-old right-hander will make his first start after coming out of the bullpen this season.
- He has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 3.48, a batting average against of .189 and 4.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Rays are batting .240 this season, ninth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .384 (13th in the league) with 19 home runs.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have won 11, or 61.1%, of the 18 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Tampa Bay has won six of its 11 games, or 54.5%, when favored by at least -150 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 60% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in eight of their 21 opportunities.
- The Rays are 8-13-0 against the spread in their 21 chances this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been victorious in five of the 10 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Minnesota has been listed as an underdog of +129 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Twins have a 43.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 21 opportunities.
- The Twins are 10-11-0 against the spread in their 21 games that had a posted line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco is the bat to watch in the Rays lineup, leading the team in batting average (.313), home runs (4), and RBI (13).
- Among all MLB hitters, Franco ranks 18th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Franco carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Yandy Diaz has two doubles, a home run and 14 walks while batting .298.
- Diaz ranks 149th in homers in baseball, and 223rd in RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi is batting .357 with four doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
- Choi is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Brandon Lowe has two doubles, three home runs and eight walks while hitting .177.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Max Kepler has put up a team-leading 11 runs batted in.
- Kepler’s home run total puts him 11th in MLB, and he is 48th in RBI.
- Byron Buxton has hit six home runs with 11 runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Buxton is third overall in home runs and 48th in RBI this season.
- Luis Arraez has put up a team-best batting average of .317.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .279 with a home run and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Twins
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at +129. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price