The Tampa Bay Rays (35-29) hope to avoid their fifth straight defeat when they visit the Baltimore Orioles (29-37) Saturday at 4:05 PM ET. The Rays are listed as -166 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Orioles are +143 underdogs. Tampa Bay’s Jeffrey Springs gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Kyle Bradish.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+143) and Over (8.5)
Rays vs. Orioles Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Jeffrey Springs
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Kyle Bradish
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Tampa Bay Rays vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Jeffrey Springs
- Springs (3-2 with a 1.45 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 49 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rays, his ninth of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went 5 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- In 16 games this season, the 29-year-old has a 1.45 ERA and 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .189 to opposing batters.
- Springs heads into this matchup with two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Springs will try to build upon a six-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 3.0 innings per appearance).
- He will face an Orioles offense that ranks 20th in the league with 270 runs while batting .230 as a unit. It has a collective .379 slugging percentage (21st in MLB action) and has hit a total of 67 home runs (14th in MLB).
- Springs has a 0 ERA and a 0.714 WHIP against the Orioles this season in seven innings pitched, allowing a .048 batting average over three appearances.
Orioles Starter Kyle Bradish
- Bradish (1-4) will take to the mound for the Orioles and make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 6.86, a 2.529 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.667.
- He has two quality starts in nine chances this season.
- In nine starts, Bradish has pitched through or past the fifth inning three times. He has a season average of 4.2 frames per outing.
- The Rays have scored 259 runs this season, which ranks 24th in MLB. They have 488 hits, 26th in baseball, with 59 home runs (21st in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Rays in one game, and they have gone 5-for-19 with two home runs and five RBI over 5 1/3 innings.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have won 29, or 61.7%, of the 47 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Tampa Bay has won 10 of its 16 games, or 62.5%, when favored by at least -166 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rays have a 62.4% chance to win.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in 28 of their 64 chances.
- The Rays are 30-34-0 ATS in their 64 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in 26, or 41.9%, of the 62 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious 13 times in 32 chances when named as an underdog of at least +143 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 41.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 31 of their 67 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles have an against the spread mark of 41-26-0 in 67 games with a line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Randy Arozarena leads the Rays with seven homers on the year. He’s also hitting .253 with 31 RBI.
- Arozarena ranks 81st in home runs and 61st in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .269 to lead his team.
- Diaz is 220th in home runs and 240th in RBI in the bigs.
- Diaz enters this game looking for his fifth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with two doubles.
- Manuel Margot has 10 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 16 walks while hitting .314.
- Ji-Man Choi has racked up 32 runs batted in to lead his team.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Hays has sent home a team-leading 37 runs batted in.
- Hays’ home run total puts him 48th in the big leagues, and he ranks 27th in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins is batting .250 with 15 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 17 walks.
- Mullins ranks 107th among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 111th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander is hitting .235 with six doubles, 11 home runs and 28 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle has collected a team-high 12 home runs.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Orioles
We have the Orioles on the moneyline at +143 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price