The Tampa Bay Rays (24-16) will look to Randy Arozarena, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles (16-25) Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. The Rays are -168 favorites for the contest, according to sportsbooks. Corey Kluber will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Baltimore counter with Spenser Watkins.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+145) and Over (9)
Rays vs. Orioles Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Corey Kluber
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Spenser Watkins
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Tampa Bay Rays vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Corey Kluber
- Kluber makes the start for the Rays, his eighth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 4.29 ERA and 35 strikeouts through 35 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Monday against the Detroit Tigers, when the right-hander tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In seven games this season, the 36-year-old has a 4.29 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .266 to his opponents.
- Kluber heads into the outing with three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Kluber is trying to pick up his sixth start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- He will face an Orioles team that is hitting .227 as a unit (22nd in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .348 (27th in MLB) with 31 total home runs (24th in MLB).
- Kluber has thrown 4 2/3 innings without giving up an earned run on three hits, while striking out five against the Orioles this season.
Orioles Starter Spenser Watkins
- The Orioles will hand the ball to Watkins (0-1) for his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in four innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the New York Yankees.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 5.10, a 0.933 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.600 in seven games this season.
- In seven starts this season, Watkins has not yet earned a quality start.
- In seven starts this season, Watkins has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 4.1 innings per appearance.
- The Rays are batting .238 this season, 14th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .387 (14th in the league) with 41 home runs.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have won 19, or 63.3%, of the 30 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 7-5 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -168 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.7% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- So far this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of their 40 games with a total.
- The Rays are 20-20-0 ATS in their 40 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have won in 14, or 35.9%, of the 39 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious seven times in 21 chances when named as an underdog of at least +145 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 40.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 42 opportunities.
- In 42 games with a line this season, the Orioles have a mark of 24-18-0 against the spread.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco is batting .263 with nine doubles, a triple, four home runs and seven walks.
- Franco ranks 79th in homers and 96th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Yandy Diaz has a club-best .282 batting average.
- Diaz ranks 128th in home runs and 202nd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Diaz carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two walks and an RBI.
- Arozarena is batting .253 with 10 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 10 walks.
- Arozarena is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Kevin Kiermaier’s five home runs pace his team.
- Kiermaier has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .556 with a double, two home runs and four RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with seven home runs and runs batted in, driving in 21.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Santander is 30th in home runs and 40th in RBI.
- Santander has collected a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Cedric Mullins is batting .252 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 11 walks.
- Mullins is 58th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 96th in RBI.
- Austin Hays has 11 doubles, three home runs and 14 walks while hitting .283.
- Trey Mancini leads the Orioles with a .303 batting average.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Orioles
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +145. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price