The Tampa Bay Rays (23-15) will look to Isaac Paredes, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles (15-24) Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Rays are -150 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Jalen Beeks will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Baltimore counter with Tyler Wells.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+129) and Over (8.5)
Rays vs. Orioles Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Jalen Beeks
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Tyler Wells
- Game Day: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Tampa Bay Rays vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Jalen Beeks
- Beeks will make his first start of the season for the Rays.
- The 28-year-old left-hander has nine appearances in relief this season.
- In nine appearances this season, he has a 1.72 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .167 against him.
- The Orioles have MLB’s 28th-ranked scoring offense (131 total runs) and have racked up a .228 batting average as a team while hitting 30 home runs (22nd in the league) this season.
Orioles Starter Tyler Wells
- Wells (1-3) will take the mound for the Orioles, his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in four innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 4.18 and 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .287.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- Wells has made three starts of five or more innings in seven chances this season, and averages 4.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Rays have scored 162 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .239 for the campaign with 37 home runs, 15th in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Rays in one game, and they have gone 3-for-7 with a home run and four RBI over 1 2/3 innings.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rays have been favored 28 times and won 18, or 64.3%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 9-6 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -150 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rays have a 60% chance to win.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 17 of their 38 games with a total this season.
- The Rays are 19-19-0 against the spread in their 38 chances this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have come away with 13 wins in the 37 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Baltimore has won 10 of 28 games when listed as at least +129 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 43.7% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 12 of their 40 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 23-17-0 against the spread this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco is batting .272 with nine doubles, a triple, four home runs and six walks.
- Franco’s home runs rank him 74th in MLB, and he ranks 84th in RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .287 to pace his team.
- Diaz ranks 117th in home runs and 204th in RBI in the majors.
- Diaz carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is hitting .225 with 10 doubles, a triple, two home runs and eight walks.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .321 with four doubles and five walks.
- Ramirez has recorded at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .429 with a double and an RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins is batting .252 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and nine walks.
- Mullins’ home run total puts him 53rd in the majors, and he is 84th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Santander is 25th in home runs and 60th in RBI.
- Austin Hays has 11 doubles, three home runs and 13 walks while hitting .287.
- Trey Mancini leads the Orioles with a .292 batting average.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +129 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price