The Tampa Bay Rays (18-10) will look to Brandon Lowe, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Seattle Mariners (12-16) Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Rays are -137 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Seattle will send George Kirby out to start this one, while Tampa Bay has yet to name a starter.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+116) and Over (7.5)
Rays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: George Kirby
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Starter George Kirby
- Kirby has been named the starter for the Mariners and will make his first start this season.
- The right-hander will make his MLB debut at the age of 24.
- The Rays rank third in MLB with 129 runs scored this season. They have a .249 batting average this campaign with 27 home runs (13th in the league).
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been favorites in 24 games this season and won 16 (66.7%) of those contests.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 11-6 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -137 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.8% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 28 games with a total this season.
- In 28 games with a spread this season, the Rays are 13-15-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been chosen as underdogs in 19 games this year and have walked away with the win six times (31.6%) in those games.
- Seattle has a mark of 1-8 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +116 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 46.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Mariners are 15-13-0 against the spread in their 28 games that had a posted line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco paces the Rays with a team-high batting average of .312.
- Franco’s home runs put him 39th in the majors, and he is 34th in RBI.
- Franco carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two walks and an RBI.
- Manuel Margot has a club-leading 19 runs batted in and .312 batting average.
- Margot is 112th in homers in baseball, and 13th in RBI.
- Margot has seven straight games with at least one hit. During his last 10 games he is batting .343 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .293 with three doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
- Lowe has put his power on display as he paces his team with five home runs.
- Lowe has recorded at least one hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .229 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has driven in the most runs for the Mariners with 21 runs batted in.
- France’s home run total puts him 25th in the big leagues, and he is fifth in RBI.
- France carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a walk.
- J.P. Crawford’s .340 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Crawford is 39th in home runs and 110th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Adam Frazier is batting .255 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 10 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez has swatted a team- leading six long balls.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +116 after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price