The Seattle Mariners (12-15) will lean on Eugenio Suarez, following a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays (17-10) on Saturday at 9:10 PM ET. The Mariners are +107 underdogs for the contest, according to bookmakers. Tampa Bay’s Drew Rasmussen and Seattle’s Marco Gonzales have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+107) and Over (7)
Rays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Drew Rasmussen
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Marco Gonzales
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Tampa Bay Rays vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Drew Rasmussen
- Rasmussen (2-1 with a 3.13 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 23 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rays, his sixth of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday against the Oakland Athletics, the right-hander went five innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering one hit.
- The 26-year-old has a 3.13 ERA and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings across five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .176 to his opponents.
- Rasmussen has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Rasmussen is aiming for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.2 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will face a Mariners offense that ranks ninth in the league with 114 runs while batting .230 as a unit. It has a collective .383 slugging percentage (12th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 29 home runs (eighth in MLB).
- Rasmussen has thrown six innings without giving up an earned run on two hits, while striking out nine against the Mariners this season.
Mariners Starter Marco Gonzales
- The Mariners will send Gonzales (1-3) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs in six innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Houston Astros.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 4.05, a 2.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.550.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Gonzales has made two starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 4.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Rays rank fifth in MLB with 121 runs scored this season. They have a .247 batting average this campaign with 24 home runs (13th in the league).
- The Rays have gone 1-for-2 with an RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rays have won 15 out of the 23 games, or 65.2%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 14-8, a 63.6% win rate, when favored by -126 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 55.8% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 12 of their 27 opportunities.
- The Rays are 12-15-0 against the spread in their 27 chances this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been victorious in six, or 33.3%, of the 18 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Seattle has a win-loss record of 3-9 when favored by +107 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 48.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 27 opportunities.
- The Mariners are 15-12-0 against the spread in their 27 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco has gone yard four times in the 2022 campaign while knocking in 15 runs, both totals that lead the Rays.
- Franco ranks 35th in home runs and 30th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Franco carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .238 with two walks and two RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .308 with three doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
- Diaz is 104th in home runs and 171st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Diaz carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Manuel Margot has accumulated a team-best batting average of .312 while leading the Rays in runs batted in (15).
- Margot is on a six-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last 10 games he is batting .343 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and eight RBI.
- Brandon Lowe has four doubles, three home runs and 10 walks while batting .200.
- Lowe is riding a five-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .313 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has driven in the most runs for the Mariners with 21 runs batted in.
- France ranks 24th in home runs and fifth in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- France brings a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a walk.
- J.P. Crawford has a club-best .347 batting average.
- Crawford ranks 35th overall in homers and 99th in RBI this season.
- Suarez has six home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .243 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Mariners
We have the Mariners on the moneyline at +107 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price