Ji-Man Choi, batting .357 this season, leads the Tampa Bay Rays (9-8) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Ty France (.368 AVG) and the Seattle Mariners (11-6). Choi and the Rays are -133 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Tropicana Field, beginning at 6:40 PM ET. Tampa Bay’s Drew Rasmussen and Seattle’s Marco Gonzales have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+113) and Over (7.5)
Rays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Drew Rasmussen
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Marco Gonzales
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Drew Rasmussen
- Rasmussen (0-1 with a 5.25 ERA and nine strikeouts in 12 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rays, his fourth of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs, the right-hander threw three innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 26-year-old has a 5.25 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season, while giving up a batting average of .245 to opposing hitters.
- The opposing Mariners offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is seventh in the league with 138 total hits and third in MLB action with 85 runs scored. It has the ninth-ranked slugging percentage (.401) and ranks sixth in home runs (18) in all of MLB.
Mariners Starter Marco Gonzales
- The Mariners’ Gonzales (1-1) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 3.29, 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .271.
- He has one quality starts in three chances this season.
- Gonzales has made one start of five or more innings in three chances this season, and averages 4.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Rays rank ninth in MLB with a .245 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 10th in the league (.393) and 15 home runs.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have won eight, or 57.1%, of the 14 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Tampa Bay has won six of its 12 games, or 50%, when favored by at least -133 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.1% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 17 opportunities.
- The Rays have an ATS record of 7-10-0 in 17 games with a spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have come away with five wins in the 10 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Seattle has come away with a win one times in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +113 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Mariners have an implied victory probability of 46.9% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Seattle have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in nine of 17 chances this season.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 11-6-0 against the spread this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco paces the Rays in home runs (four) and runs batted in (12).
- Franco’s home runs rank him 10th in the majors, and he ranks 13th in RBI.
- Franco carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Choi is batting .357 to pace his team.
- Choi is 58th in home runs and 29th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Brandon Lowe is hitting .206 with a double, three home runs and eight walks.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .273 with two doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
- Diaz has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, five walks and an RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- France leads the Mariners with five home runs and 21 runs batted in, while recording a team-high batting average of .368.
- Among all hitters in MLB, France’s home run total is fifth and his RBI tally is first.
- J.P. Crawford has four doubles, a triple, two home runs and 10 walks while batting .356.
- Crawford is 58th in homers and 59th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .271 with six doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Adam Frazier has five doubles, a triple and seven walks while batting .239.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Mariners
We have the Mariners on the moneyline at +113 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price