Matt Wisler will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Seattle counter with Logan Gilbert.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (-110) and Over (7)
Rays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Matt Wisler
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Logan Gilbert
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Matt Wisler
- The Rays will look to Wisler (1-0) in his second start of the season.
- In his most recent appearance — out of the bullpen on Saturday — the right-hander threw one inning against the Boston Red Sox, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of only .192 against him this season. He has a 2.45 ERA and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings over his seven appearances.
- He will take the hill against a Mariners team that is hitting .238 as a unit (11th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .401 (ninth in MLB) with 18 total home runs (fifth in MLB).
Mariners Starter Logan Gilbert
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Gilbert (2-0) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander allowed six hits in 6 2/3 scoreless innings pitched against the Texas Rangers on Thursday.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of .54, 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .210 in three games this season.
- He has started three games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Gilbert has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Rays rank 12th in MLB with 71 runs scored this season. They have a .244 batting average this campaign with 13 home runs (17th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 24-year-old’s .54 ERA ranks second, .840 WHIP ranks 12th, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 33rd.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have won eight, or 61.5%, of the 13 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 8-5, a 61.5% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 52.4%.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in six of their 16 chances.
- The Rays are 7-9-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been underdogs in nine games this season and have come away with the win four times (44.4%) in those contests.
- Seattle has a win-loss record of 4-5 when favored by -110 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Mariners have an implied victory probability of 52.4% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in eight of their 16 opportunities.
- The Mariners are 10-6-0 against the spread in their 16 games that had a posted line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco leads the Rays with three home runs and 10 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .349.
- Among all MLB hitters, Franco is 10th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging.
- Franco brings a hitting streak of five games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi has collected 10 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Brandon Lowe leads the Rays with three home runs.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .286 with two doubles, a home run and eight walks.
- Diaz brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .412 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France leads the Mariners in home runs (five), runs batted in (19) and has posted a team-best batting average of .375.
- Among all hitters in MLB, France is fifth in homers and second in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .352 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Crawford is 56th in homers and 55th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Eugenio Suarez has six doubles, three home runs and nine walks while hitting .255.
- Adam Frazier is batting .239 with four doubles, a triple and six walks.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at -110 after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price