Vladimir Guerrero Jr. carries a 10-game hitting streak for the Toronto Blue Jays (17-16) into Saturday’s matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays (20-13). Manuel Margot, (10-game hitting streak) and the Rays are -125 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 6:10 PM ET live from Tropicana Field. Ryan Yarbrough will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Toronto counter with Hyun Jin Ryu.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Blue Jays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Blue Jays
Our computer pick: Toronto Blue Jays (+105) and Over (8.5)
Rays vs. Blue Jays Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Ryan Yarbrough
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Hyun Jin Ryu
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Ryan Yarbrough
- The Rays will look to Yarbrough (0-0) in his third start of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, when the lefty went five scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has put up a 6.14 ERA and averages 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .333 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Blue Jays squad that is hitting .236 as a unit (12th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .384 (11th in MLB) with 35 total home runs (seventh in MLB).
Blue Jays Starter Hyun Jin Ryu
- Ryu gets the nod for the Blue Jays and will make his first start of the season.
- The left-hander is making his first start of the year. The 35-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Rays rank 11th in MLB with 142 runs scored this season. They have a .236 batting average this campaign with 30 home runs (13th in the league).
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rays have been favored 25 times and won 16, or 64%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 15-8, a 65.2% win rate, when favored by -125 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.6% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Games involving Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 33 chances this season.
- The Rays are 16-17-0 ATS in their 33 games with a spread this season.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have won in four of the 10 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Toronto has come away with a win three times in eight chances when named as an underdog of at least +105 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Blue Jays have a 48.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 15 of their 33 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays have an against the spread record of 13-20-0 in 33 games with a line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco leads the Rays with a team-best batting average of .295.
- Among all MLB hitters, Franco is 26th in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage, and 36th in slugging.
- Margot’s 21 runs batted in lead his team.
- Margot heads into this game looking for his 11th game in a row with a hit. In his last 10 outings he is batting .471 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and 14 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .263 with three doubles, two home runs and 18 walks.
- Brandon Lowe’s five home runs lead his team.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- George Springer has swatted a team-high seven long balls.
- Springer’s home run total places him 12th in the majors, and he ranks 40th in RBI.
- Guerrero has hit seven home runs with 20 RBI while hitting .284. Those numbers are pace the clubhouse.
- Among all major league hitters, Guerrero ranks 12th in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Santiago Espinal is hitting .269 with 12 doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
- Bo Bichette is hitting .246 with seven doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||32||.284||.361||.500||7||20||33|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||33||.227||.277||.345||2||11||27|
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Blue Jays
We have the Blue Jays on the moneyline at +105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price