The Oakland Athletics (10-13) will try to end their four-game losing streak when they host the Tampa Bay Rays (13-10) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. Oddsmakers consider the Rays to be -115 favorites for the contest, while the Athletics are -105 underdogs looking for the upset. Oakland will send Paul Blackburn out to start this one, while Tampa Bay has not yet named a starter.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (-105) and Over (6.5)
Rays vs. Athletics Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Paul Blackburn
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Athletics Starter Paul Blackburn
- Blackburn has been named the starter for the Athletics and will make his first start this season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 28-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Rays rank 11th in MLB with 96 runs scored this season. They have a .242 batting average this campaign with 20 home runs (15th in the league).
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have entered the game as favorites 20 times this season and won 12, or 60%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 11-8 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 53.5%.
- So far this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 23 games with a total.
- The Rays are 9-14-0 ATS in their 23 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in seven, or 41.2%, of the 17 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Oakland has won seven of 17 games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 51.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in 11 of their 23 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 23 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 11-12-0 against the spread.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco paces the Rays in home runs (four), runs batted in (14) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .322.
- Franco’s home runs put him 24th in the majors, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Franco takes a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .306 with two doubles, two home runs and 14 walks.
- Diaz ranks 84th in homers in the majors, and 201st in RBI.
- Brandon Lowe has three doubles, three home runs and eight walks while batting .184.
- Lowe has at least one base hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .150 with two doubles.
- Manuel Margot is hitting .286 with three doubles and six walks.
- Margot brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sheldon Neuse leads the team in batting average with a mark of .310.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Neuse ranks 84th in home runs and 30th in RBI.
- Sean Murphy has hit four home runs with 14 RBI, leading the team in both categories.
- Murphy is 24th in homers and 21st in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .234 with two doubles and nine walks.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .189 with five doubles, a home run and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Athletics
We have the Athletics on the moneyline at -105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.Paul Blacksburn
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price