The Tampa Bay Rays (18-11) visit the Los Angeles Angels (19-11) at 9:38 PM ET Tuesday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Manuel Margot is batting .325 this year (ninth in the league) for the favored Rays (-114), while Taylor Ward ranks second in the majors with a .364 average for the underdog Angels. Tampa Bay’s Corey Kluber gets the start, and he’ll go against Los Angeles’ Reid Detmers.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Angels Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Angels
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (-104) and Over (8)
Rays vs. Angels Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Corey Kluber
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Reid Detmers
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Tampa Bay Rays vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Corey Kluber
- Kluber makes the start for the Rays, his sixth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 2.36 ERA and 25 strikeouts through 26 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, when the right-hander tossed six scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- The 36-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.36, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are batting .224 against him.
- Kluber is trying to extend a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Kluber will try to build on a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
- The opposing Angels offense has the fourth-ranked slugging percentage (.404) and is first in MLB play with 36 home runs. It has a collective .240 batting average, and is fifth in MLB with 235 total hits and first in MLB play scoring 139 runs.
Angels Starter Reid Detmers
- Detmers (1-1) will take to the mound for the Angels and make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed four hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday.
- The 22-year-old has an ERA of 5.32 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .220 in five games this season.
- Detmers has not earned a quality start in five starts this season.
- Detmers has made two starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 4.1 frames when he pitches.
- The Rays rank sixth in MLB with a .245 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks seventh in the league (.395) and 28 home runs.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have entered the game as favorites 24 times this season and won 16, or 66.7%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has entered 23 games this season favored by -114 or more and is 15-8 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 53.3%.
- Games involving Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 14 of 30 chances this season.
- In 30 games with a spread this season, the Rays are 14-16-0 ATS.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been underdogs in seven games this season and have come away with the win three times (42.9%) in those contests.
- This season, Los Angeles has been victorious three times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least -104 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 51% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 15 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Angels are 16-15-0 against the spread in their 31 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and five walks while batting .310.
- Including all MLB batters, Franco is 18th in batting average, 61st in on-base percentage, and 20th in slugging.
- Franco carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .409 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Margot has 20 RBI while batting .325. Both pace his team.
- Margot ranks 71st in homers and 12th in RBI in the bigs.
- Margot carries a nine-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 games he is hitting .429 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .289 with three doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
- Brandon Lowe has hit five home runs to pace his team.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ward leads the Angels with six home runs and has a team-high batting average of .364.
- In all of the majors, Ward is 14th in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Ward brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout has put up a team-high six home runs.
- Among all major league batters, Trout ranks 14th in homers and 63rd in RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .226 with five doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Jared Walsh has sent home a team-leading 19 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Rays vs. Angels
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Angels on the moneyline at -104. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price