Entering Saturday’s matchup with the Texas Rangers (31-33), the Detroit Tigers (24-40) are on a six-game losing streak. The contest starts at 4:10 PM ET with the Rangers listed as -128 favorites, while the are +109 underdogs who may be heading for a seventh straight defeat. Taylor Hearn starts for Texas while Rony Garcia is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+109) and Over (8.5)
Rangers vs. Tigers Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Taylor Hearn
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Rony García
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Taylor Hearn
- Hearn makes the start for the Rangers, his 13th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 5.37 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the Houston Astros, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.37, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 12 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .283 batting average against him.
- Hearn has registered one quality start this season.
- Hearn will aim to last five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.2 frames per outing.
- The opposing Tigers offense has the worst slugging percentage (.313) and is last in MLB play with 31 home runs. It has a collective .218 batting average, and is 28th in MLB with 452 total hits and last in MLB action scoring 169 runs.
Tigers Starter Rony García
- The Tigers will send Garcia (0-2) to the mound for his fifth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Monday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 24-year-old has pitched to a 5.06 ERA this season with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.5 walks per nine across 12 games.
- Garcia has started four games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings two times. He averages 2.2 innings per appearance.
- The Rangers rank 18th in MLB with 277 runs scored this season. They have a .234 batting average this campaign with 79 home runs (eighth in the league).
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rangers have won eight out of the 17 games, or 47.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Texas has won five of its nine games, or 55.6%, when favored by at least -128 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 56.1% chance of a victory for the Rangers.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 27 of their 65 chances.
- The Rangers are 39-26-0 ATS in their 65 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have won in 17, or 35.4%, of the 48 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Detroit has a mark of 13-28 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +109 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 47.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 21 of their 64 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 28-36-0 against the spread in their 64 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has launched a team-best 13 home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Seager is 20th in homers and 78th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has collected 43 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Adolis Garcia is 26th in home runs and 15th in RBI in the bigs.
- Marcus Semien has 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 24 walks while hitting .225.
- Nate Lowe has a club-high .275 batting average.
- Lowe takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harold Castro is hitting .285 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and three walks.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Castro’s home run total ranks 180th and his RBI tally ranks 205th.
- Jonathan Schoop has put his power on display as he paces his team with five home runs.
- Schoop ranks 137th among all hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 176th in RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera leads the Tigers with 21 runs batted in while accruing a team-best batting average of .294.
- Willi Castro is batting .250 with eight doubles, two home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +109 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price