The Texas Rangers (12-17) host the Kansas City Royals (10-18) Thursday to close out a three-game series. The Rangers are favored (-142) to win the rubber match, which starts at 8:05 PM ET from Globe Life Field. Texas’ Taylor Hearn gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Jon Heasley.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+121) and Over (8.5)
Rangers vs. Royals Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Taylor Hearn
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Jon Heasley
- Game Day: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Taylor Hearn
- Hearn (1-2) takes the mound for the Rangers in his sixth start of the season. He’s put together a 6.53 ERA in 20 2/3 innings pitched, with 24 strikeouts.
- The lefty last appeared on Sunday, May 1 against the Atlanta Braves, when he threw five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 6.53, with 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents have a .314 batting average against him.
- Hearn is yet to register a quality start so far this year.
- Hearn is aiming for his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.0 frames per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Royals offense has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.316) and ranks 29th in MLB play with 14 home runs. It has a collective .219 batting average, and is 29th in MLB with 204 total hits and 29th in MLB play scoring 91 runs.
Royals Starter Jon Heasley
- The Royals will send out Heasley for his first start of the season.
- The last time the 25-year-old pitched was on Saturday, Oct. 2 against the Minnesota Twins. The righty threw 5 1/3 innings as the starter in that matchup.
- Last season, he posted a 4.91 ERA with six strikeouts and three walks in 14 2/3 innings, finishing with a record of 1-1.
- The Rangers have scored 117 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They have 211 hits, 28th in baseball, with 28 home runs (14th in the league).
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rangers have won two out of the six games in which they’ve been favored.
- Texas has played as a favorite of -142 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 58.7%.
- So far this season, Texas and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 29 games with a total.
- The Rangers are 17-12-0 against the spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have won in seven, or 30.4%, of the 23 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Kansas City has a win-loss record of 2-11 when favored by +121 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 45.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Kansas City have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 13 of 29 chances this season.
- In 29 games with a line this season, the Royals have a mark of 13-16-0 against the spread.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager’s seven dingers in 2022 are the most on the Rangers. He’s also knocked in 15 runs while hitting .243.
- Seager’s home runs put him 11th in the majors, and he ranks 62nd in RBI.
- Seager carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Jonah Heim has three doubles, three home runs and nine walks while hitting .356.
- Heim enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double and two walks.
- Adolis Garcia has racked up a team-best 18 runs batted in.
- Brad Miller has a double, four home runs and two walks while hitting .217.
- Miller has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with two home runs and four RBI.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi paces the Royals with 12 runs batted in while racking up a team-best batting average of .314.
- Benintendi ranks 207th in homers and 103rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .258 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and five walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Dozier ranks 83rd in homers and 209th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez has five home runs, best in the lineup.
- Michael A. Taylor is hitting .205 with two home runs and 12 walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||26||.205||.308||.282||2||9||16|
|Bobby Witt Jr.||27||.219||.248||.324||1||10||23|
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Royals
Our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +121 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price