The Texas Rangers (11-15) are set to take on the Kansas City Royals (9-16) Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Rangers are listed as -136 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Royals have +116 odds for the contest. Martin Perez gets the starting nod for Texas while Brad Keller is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+116) and Over (8)
Rangers vs. Royals Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Martín Pérez
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Brad Keller
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Martín Pérez
- Perez (0-2 with a 2.25 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 28 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rangers, his sixth of the season.
- His last appearance came on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the left-hander went seven scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- The 31-year-old has a 2.25 ERA and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .204 to his opponents.
- Pérez is trying to earn his fourth quality start in a row in this game.
- Pérez will try to prolong a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 frames per appearance).
- He will face a Royals offense that ranks 29th in the league with 78 runs while batting .223 as a unit. It has a collective .321 slugging percentage (28th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 13 home runs (29th in MLB).
- The 31-year-old’s 2.25 ERA ranks 17th, 1.036 WHIP ranks 27th, and 6.4 K/9 ranks 50th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Royals Starter Brad Keller
- The Royals’ Keller (1-2) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 1.74, a 2.375 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .839 in five games this season.
- He’s going for his third quality start in a row.
- Keller has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Rangers rank 19th in MLB with 109 runs scored this season. They have a .222 batting average this campaign with 24 home runs (18th in the league).
- The 26-year-old’s 1.74 ERA ranks seventh, .839 WHIP ranks sixth, and 5.5 K/9 ranks 53rd among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won one of the four games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Texas is 1-2 this season when entering a game favored by -136 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.6% chance of a victory for the Rangers.
- So far this season, Texas and its opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 27 games with a total.
- The Rangers are 16-11-0 against the spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been underdogs in 21 games this season and have come away with the win six times (28.6%) in those contests.
- This year, Kansas City has won two of 13 games when listed as at least +116 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 46.3% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Kansas City and their opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 27 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 27 games with a line this season, the Royals have a mark of 12-15-0 against the spread.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Rangers best power option comes in the form of Adolis Garcia and his four-dinger 18-RBI season, both team highs.
- Garcia’s home runs place him 41st in the majors, and he ranks 19th in RBI.
- Jonah Heim is batting .342 with three doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Heim carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .364 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Corey Seager has collected a team-best four home runs.
- Marcus Semien has six doubles and nine walks while hitting .184.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi paces the Royals with 12 runs batted in while racking up a team-best batting average of .344.
- In all of the big leagues, Benintendi is 185th in home runs and 80th in RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has five doubles, two triples, three home runs and three walks while hitting .268.
- Dozier is 71st in home runs and 184th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .231 with five doubles, a triple, a home run and three walks.
- Michael A. Taylor is hitting .221 with two home runs and 10 walks.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||24||.231||.263||.341||1||7||21|
|Michael A. Taylor||23||.221||.316||.309||2||8||15|
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Royals
Our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +116 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price