The Boston Red Sox (13-20) hope to complete a three-game sweep of the Texas Rangers (13-19) when the teams meet at 2:35 PM ET on Sunday. The Rangers are -116 favorites to prevent the Red Sox from completing the sweep. Martin Perez will get the ball for Texas while Boston counter with Austin Davis.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (-103) and Over (8.5)
Rangers vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Martín Pérez
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Austin Davis
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Martín Pérez
- Perez (1-2 with a 2.10 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 34 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rangers, his seventh of the season.
- His last appearance came on Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals, when the left-hander tossed 6 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing five hits.
- The 31-year-old has put together a 2.10 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .203 to opposing hitters.
- Pérez is looking to build upon a fourth-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Pérez is looking for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He will face a Red Sox offense that ranks 22nd in the league with 125 runs while batting .236 as a unit. It has a collective .355 slugging percentage (23rd in MLB play) and has hit a total of 20 home runs (28th in MLB).
- The 31-year-old ranks 12th in ERA (2.10), 16th in WHIP (.990), and 47th in K/9 (6.8) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Red Sox Starter Austin Davis
- The Red Sox will send Davis to the mound for his first start this season.
- The 29-year-old lefty will start for the first time this campaign after coming out of the bullpen 14 times.
- He has an ERA of 2.70, a batting average against of .245 and 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 14 games this season.
- The Rangers have scored 124 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They have 228 hits, 29th in baseball, with 29 home runs (18th in the league).
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rangers have been favored nine times and won three of those games.
- Texas has a record of 3-6 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -116 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 53.7%.
- Games involving Texas have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 14 of 32 chances this season.
- The Rangers have an ATS record of 18-14-0 in 32 games with a spread this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have come away with seven wins in the 19 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Boston has a win-loss record of 7-10 when favored by -103 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 50.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Boston and their opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 33 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 33 games with a line this season, the Red Sox have a mark of 17-16-0 against the spread.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager’s seven homers in 2022 are the most on the Rangers. He’s also driven in 16 runs while hitting .231.
- In all of MLB, Seager is 15th in homers and 61st in RBI.
- Jonah Heim is hitting .298 with four doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Adolis Garcia has accumulated a team-high 18 runs batted in.
- Brad Miller is hitting .224 with a double, five home runs and four walks.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with six long balls and runs batted in, driving in 18.
- Devers’ home run total puts him 25th in the big leagues, and he ranks 46th in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in eight games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .341 with four doubles, three home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .344 to lead the lineup.
- Bogaerts is currently 144th in homers and 108th in RBI in the major leagues.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .317 with 11 doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .219 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Red Sox
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at -103. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price