J.D. Martinez will look to extend his 14-game hitting streak when the Boston Red Sox (12-20) take on the Texas Rangers (13-18). The Rangers are listed as -115 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 7:05 PM ET Saturday, live from Globe Life Field. Glenn Otto will get the ball for Texas while Boston counter with Rich Hill.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (-105) and Under (8.5)
Rangers vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Glenn Otto
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Rich Hill
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Glenn Otto
- Otto gets the start for the Rangers, his fourth of the season. He is 1-0 with a 3.14 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 14 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the righty went five innings against the New York Yankees, giving up two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- The 26-year-old has a 3.14 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings across three games this season, while allowing a batting average of .160 to opposing hitters.
- The opposing Red Sox offense has the 26th-ranked slugging percentage (.346) and is 28th in MLB play with 18 home runs. It has a collective .231 batting average, and is 17th in MLB with 250 total hits and 26th in MLB action scoring 114 runs.
Red Sox Starter Rich Hill
- The Red Sox will send out Hill for his first start of the season.
- The 42-year-old left-hander will make his season debut.
- The Rangers have scored 121 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .216 for the campaign with 29 home runs, 17th in the league.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been favorites in eight games this season and won three (37.5%) of those contests.
- Texas has a record of 3-5 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have a 53.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Texas and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Rangers have an ATS record of 18-13-0 in 31 games with a spread this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorious in six, or 33.3%, of the 18 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Boston has a mark of 6-12 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Red Sox have a 51.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in nine of their 32 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have an against the spread record of 16-16-0 in 32 games with a line this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager leads the Rangers with seven home runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Seager’s home run total ranks him 12th, and his RBI tally puts him 65th.
- Jonah Heim has three doubles, three home runs and nine walks while batting .302.
- Adolis Garcia has put up a team-best 18 runs batted in.
- Brad Miller is hitting .227 with a double, five home runs and four walks.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox with five long balls and runs batted in, driving in 16.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Devers is 34th in homers and 54th in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .341 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has a club-leading .347 batting average.
- Bogaerts ranks 139th among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 109th in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .219 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Martinez is hitting .306 with 11 doubles, three home runs and six walks.
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Red Sox
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at -105. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price