Game 6 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at PPG Paints Arena on Friday, May 13 features the New York Rangers and the Pittsburgh Penguins facing off at 7:00 PM ET. The Penguins are ahead 3-2 in the series. The bookmakers have made the Rangers solid favorites at -132 on the moneyline, despite being the visitors, and the Penguins are at +110. Find more below on the Rangers vs. Penguins betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Penguins Spread and Betting Line
Rangers vs. Penguins Game Info
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Arena: PPG Paints Arena
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Penguins
|Penguins (+1.5)||Under (6)||Penguins 3 Rangers 2|
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- Through 53 games as the moneyline favorite this season, New York has been victorious 36 times.
- In 41 games with shorter than -132 moneyline odds this season, the Rangers have won 29.
- New York has a 56.9% chance of winning this game, per the moneyline odds.
New York Rangers Leaders
- A top contributor this season for New York, Artemi Panarin has scored 96 points in 75 games (22 goals and 74 assists).
- Mika Zibanejad is another leading option for New York with 82 points (1.0 per game), scoring 30 goals and adding 52 assists.
- Chris Kreider’s season total of 77 points has come from 52 goals and 25 assists.
- Igor Shesterkin has a record of 36-13-4. He has allowed 106 goals (2.07 goals against average) and recorded 1516 saves.
New York Rangers Season Stats
- The Rangers’ 3.0 average goals per game add up to 250 total, which makes them the 15th-ranked scoring team in the NHL.
- The Rangers have allowed the second-fewest goals in league play this season, 204 (only 2.5 per game).
- With a +46 goal differential, they’re ranked 10th-best in the NHL.
- The 55 power-play goals the Rangers have recorded this season have come on 218 power-play chances, ranking them ninth-best in the NHL.
- The Rangers’ 25.2% power-play conversion rate is fourth-best in the league this season.
- The Rangers’ eight shorthanded goals this season rank ninth.
- The Rangers’ 82.3% penalty-kill success rate is currently seventh-best in the league.
- The Rangers win 48% of their faceoffs (24th in the NHL).
- The Rangers have a 10.5% shooting percentage as a squad, ranking eighth in the NHL.
- The Rangers have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 25.5 hits and 14.2 blocked shots per game.
Penguins vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- The Penguins have secured an upset victory in 14, or 50.0%, of the 28 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 8-9 in games when bookmakers list them +110 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set in this contest implies a 47.6% chance for the Penguins to win.
Pittsburgh Penguins Leaders
- Sidney Crosby is a top offensive contributor for his club with 84 points (1.2 per game). He has scored 31 goals and 53 assists in 69 games (playing 19:58 per game).
- Jake Guentzel is a key contributor for Pittsburgh, with 84 total points this season. He has netted 40 goals and provided 44 assists in 76 games.
- Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang has 68 points (10 goals, 58 assists) this season.
- Tristan Jarry has a 34-18-6 record this season, with a .919 save percentage (14th in the league). In 58 games, he has 1573 saves, and has allowed 138 goals (2.4 goals against average).
Pittsburgh Penguins Season Stats
- The Penguins have the league’s 11th-ranked scoring offense (269 total goals, 3.3 per game).
- The Penguins have allowed 2.7 goals per game, 222 total, the fourth-fewest among NHL teams.
- Their ninth-best goal differential is +47.
- The Penguins have put up 50 power-play goals this season (15th in the NHL) on 248 power-play chances.
- The Penguins’ power-play conversion rate (20.2%) ranks 19th in the league.
- The Penguins have scored three shorthanded goals this season (28th among NHL teams).
- The 84.4% penalty-kill percentage the Penguins have amassed is the league’s third-best rate.
- The Penguins have the league’s 11th-ranked faceoff win percentage (51.1%).
- The Penguins’ collective 9.4% shooting percentage ranks 19th in the league.
- The Penguins have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 24.5 hits and 13.3 blocked shots per game.
Rangers and Penguins Injury Report
Rangers: Barclay Goodrow: Out (Lower Body), Sammy Blais: Out For Season (Lower body), Tyler Motte: Out (Upper Body)
Penguins: Tristan Jarry: Out (Foot), Rickard Rakell: Day To Day (Head), Brian Dumoulin: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Casey DeSmith: Out For Season (Core), Sidney Crosby: Day To Day (Undisclosed)
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Penguins
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is Penguins on the moneyline at 110 and Penguins (+1.5) against the spread. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 6 goals.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price