The Texas Rangers (7-14) host the Atlanta Braves (10-12) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Rangers are favored (-112) to win the rubber match, which starts at 2:35 PM ET from Globe Life Field. Atlanta has not named a starting pitcher for this contest, while Texas is projected to send Taylor Hearn to the mound.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Braves Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-108) and Under (9)
Rangers vs. Braves Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Taylor Hearn
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Rangers Starter Taylor Hearn
- Hearn gets the start for the Rangers, his fifth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 7.47 ERA and 18 strikeouts through 15 2/3 innings pitched.
- In four games this season, the 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 7.47, with 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .338 against him.
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks 11th in MLB with 165 total hits (on a .229 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .409 (fifth in MLB) with 28 total home runs (second in MLB).
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rangers have won one out of the four games in which they’ve been favored.
- Texas is 1-3 this season when entering a game favored by -112 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 52.8% chance to win.
- Games involving Texas have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in nine of 21 chances this season.
- The Rangers are 10-11-0 against the spread in their 21 chances this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have come away with three wins in the seven contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Atlanta has been victorious three times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least -108 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Braves have a 51.9% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Braves are 9-13-0 against the spread in their 22 games that had a posted line this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has a team-high four home runs.
- Seager’s home runs place him 21st in MLB, and he ranks 34th in RBI.
- Seager carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with three home runs and three RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has hit four home runs with 14 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Garcia is 21st in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nate Lowe has racked up a team-high batting average of .312.
- Andy Ibanez is batting .263 with two doubles, a home run and two walks.
- Ibanez has recorded at least one hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .462 with a walk.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley has posted a team-high six home runs and has driven in 12 runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Riley’s home run total is third and his RBI tally is 34th.
- Ozzie Albies has hit a team-best six home runs.
- Albies ranks third among all batters in the big leagues in homers, and 48th in RBI.
- Matt Olson paces the Braves’ lineup with a .293 batting average.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .256 with five doubles, four home runs and four walks.
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Braves
We have the Braves on the moneyline at -108 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price