The Texas Rangers (2-9) are -127 favorites for their Friday meeting with the Oakland Athletics (7-6). The matchup between the fifth- and second-place teams in the AL West begins at 9:40 PM ET. Glenn Otto will get the ball for Texas while Oakland counter with Adam Oller.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+109) and Over (8)
Rangers vs. Athletics Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Glenn Otto
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Adam Oller
- Game Day: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Texas Rangers vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Glenn Otto
- Otto starts for the first time this season for the Rangers.
- The 26-year-old right-hander makes his season debut and pitches for the first time in more than a year.
- The Athletics have MLB’s 11th-ranked scoring offense (53 total runs) and have put up a .217 batting average as a team while hitting 10 home runs (17th in the league) this season.
Athletics Starter Adam Oller
- The Athletics’ Oller will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he threw 3 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 13.50 ERA this season with 11.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 11.6 walks per nine across two games.
- The Rangers have scored 51 runs this season, which ranks 14th in MLB. They are batting .228 for the campaign with nine home runs, 21st in the league.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have lost both games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Texas has played as a favorite of -127 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 55.9%.
- Games involving Texas have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in six of 11 chances this season.
- The Rangers are 3-8-0 against the spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in four of the nine contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Oakland has been victorious four times in nine chances when named as an underdog of at least +109 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 47.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of their 13 opportunities.
- The Athletics have posted a record of 8-5-0 against the spread this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Rangers best hitter thus far this season is Nate Lowe, who’s hitting at a team-leading .395 rate along with zero homers and six RBI.
- Lowe’s home runs place him 196th in MLB, and he ranks 58th in RBI.
- Lowe brings a hitting streak of five games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has hit two home runs with seven RBI. Both lead his team.
- Garcia ranks 35th in home runs and 41st in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Garcia enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Brad Miller has launched a team-best two home runs.
- Nick Solak’s two home runs are a team-high mark.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has managed a team-leading three home runs and has driven in 10 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Murphy ranks 13th in homers and 11th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp’s .300 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Among all major league hitters, Kemp ranks 196th in home runs and 218th in RBI.
- Cristian Pache is batting .209 with a double and two home runs.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .190 with three doubles and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Rangers vs. Athletics
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +109. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price