Seeking their fourth win of the year, the Pittsburgh Pirates (3-4) are favorites (-112) on the moneyline when they take on the Washington Nationals (4-4) Saturday at 6:35 PM ET. Pittsburgh’s Bryse Wilson and Washington’s Josh Rogers have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Washington Nationals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Pirates vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (-107) and Over (9)
Pirates vs. Nationals Game Info
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Bryse Wilson
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Josh Rogers
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Pirates Starter Bryse Wilson
- The Pirates will send Wilson (0-0) to the mound for his second start of the season.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the right-hander tossed four innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .333 against him this season. He has a 6.75 ERA and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings over his one games.
- He will face off against a Nationals offense that ranks fourth in MLB with 64 total hits (on a .237 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .326 (26th in MLB) with five total home runs (23rd in MLB).
Nationals Starter Josh Rogers
- Rogers heads to the mound for the Nationals to make his second start of the season, seeking his second win.
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday against the Atlanta Braves, throwing 5 1/3 innings and giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 1.69, a 1.5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .750.
- The Pirates have scored 29 runs this season, which ranks 14th in MLB. They are batting .265 for the campaign with five home runs, 23rd in the league.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates were favorites in 13 games last season and won eight (61.5%) of those contests.
- Last season, Pittsburgh won six of its 10 games, or 60%, when favored by at least -112 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 52.8% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh’s games went over the total in 76 of their 157 chances last season.
- The Pirates were 49-63-0 against the spread in their 112 chances last season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals were chosen as underdogs in 102 games last year and walked away with the win 31 times (30.4%) in those games.
- Washington had a mark of 29-68 in contests where sportsbooks set them as -107 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 51.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Washington and its opponents went over in 75 of their 158 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- In 114 games with a line last season, the Nationals had a mark of 51-63-0 against the spread.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ben Gamel is batting .222 with a double, a home run and six walks.
- Including all MLB batters, Gamel ranks 104th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage, and 73rd in slugging.
- Bryan Reynolds has hit two home runs to pace his team.
- Reynolds ranks 11th in homers and 83rd in RBI in the bigs.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a team-best batting average of .385.
- Hayes is on a four-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Kevin Newman’s five runs batted in are a team-high mark.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Josh Bell leads the team in batting average with a mark of .333.
- Bell ranks 46th in home runs and ninth in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Bell brings a hitting streak of six games into this game. During his last eight outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, six walks and seven RBI.
- Juan Soto has hit a team-best two home runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Soto is 11th in home runs and 125th in RBI.
- Maikel Franco paces the Nationals with eight runs batted in.
- Nelson Cruz has a home run and four walks while batting .214.
Betting Tips for Pirates vs. Nationals
Our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at -107 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price