The Pittsburgh Pirates (2-3) and Ke’Bryan Hayes (four hits last time out) are favored (-122) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Washington Nationals (3-3) on Thursday at 6:35 PM ET. Pittsburgh’s JT Brubaker gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Joan Adon.
Table of Contents
Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Washington Nationals: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Pirates vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+102) and Over (9.5)
Pirates vs. Nationals Game Info
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: JT Brubaker
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Joan Adon
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Pirates Starter JT Brubaker
- Brubaker (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Pirates, his second this season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Thursday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he tossed three innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- He has a 12.00 ERA and 6.0 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .286 against him over his one games this season.
- The opposing Nationals offense has a collective .229 batting average, and is fifth in the league with 46 total hits and 14th in MLB action with 23 runs scored. It has the 23rd-ranked slugging percentage (.338) and ranks 12th in home runs (five) in all of MLB.
Nationals Starter Joan Adon
- The Nationals will send Adon to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while allowing four hits against the New York Mets.
- He has pitched to an 8.31 ERA this season with 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 8.3 walks per nine across one games.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates entered a game as favorites 13 times last season and won eight, or 61.5%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh entered four games last season favored by -122 or more and was 2-2 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 55% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Games involving Pittsburgh went over the total set by sportsbooks in 76 of 157 chances last season.
- The Pirates had an ATS record of 49-63-0 in 112 games with a spread last season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals were underdogs in 102 games last season and came away with the win 31 times (30.4%) in those contests.
- Washington had a win-loss record of 27-60 when favored by +102 or worse by bookmakers last year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 49.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Washington and its opponents hit the over in 75 of their 158 games with a total set by oddsmakers last season.
- The Nationals went 51-63-0 against the spread in their 114 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryan Reynolds hit 24 home runs and had 90 runs batted in last season, while racking up a batting average of .302.
- Kevin Newman had 22 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 27 walks while batting .226.
- Hayes hit .257 a season ago with 20 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 31 walks.
- Ben Gamel hit .247 with 18 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 51 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto had 95 runs batted in while putting up a batting average of .313 last season.
- Josh Bell had 24 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 65 walks while hitting .261.
- Nelson Cruz hit 32 home runs last season while slugging .497.
- Cesar Hernandez hit .232 with 21 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 59 walks.
Betting Tips for Pirates vs. Nationals
Our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +102 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price