The Philadelphia Phillies (8-10) host the Colorado Rockies (10-7) at 6:45 PM ET Wednesday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best home-run hitters in baseball. Kyle Schwarber has racked up four homers this season (No. 10 in the league) for the favored Phillies which sit as -219 favorites, while C.J. Cron ranks 10th in the majors with four dingers of his own for the underdogs. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez and Colorado’s Ryan Feltner have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+183) and Over (8.5)
Phillies vs. Rockies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Ryan Feltner
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- Suarez (1-0) gets the starting nod for the Phillies in his fourth start of the season. He’s put together a 4.38 ERA in 12 1/3 innings pitched, with nine strikeouts.
- In his most recent outing on Friday against the Milwaukee Brewers, the lefty went 4 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In three games this season, the 26-year-old has a 4.38 ERA and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .300 to opposing hitters.
- He will face a Rockies offense that ranks ninth in the league with 76 runs while batting .260 as a unit. It has a collective .425 slugging percentage (second in MLB action) and has hit a total of 19 home runs (fourth in MLB).
Rockies Starter Ryan Feltner
- Feltner will make his first start of the season for the Rockies.
- The 25-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Phillies rank sixth in MLB with 82 runs scored this season. They have a .255 batting average this campaign with 17 home runs (ninth in the league).
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Phillies have won seven out of the 14 games, or 50%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Philadelphia has played as a favorite of -219 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Phillies have a 68.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 18 chances.
- The Phillies have an ATS record of 8-10-0 in 18 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 13 games this year and have walked away with the win eight times (61.5%) in those games.
- Oddsmakers have given Colorado the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +183 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 35.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 17 opportunities.
- In 17 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 9-8-0 against the spread.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Phillies RBI leader this season is Bryce Harper, who has knocked in 13 runs while hitting .246 with three home runs.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Harper is 28th in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Harper carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with three doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos has a club-best .313 batting average.
- Castellanos is 28th in home runs and 29th in RBI on the season.
- Alec Bohm is batting .316 with two doubles, a home run and six walks.
- Jean Segura is batting .259 with two doubles, two home runs and four walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-high six home runs and has driven in 17 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Cron ranks first in homers and third in RBI.
- Cron carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a double and an RBI.
- Connor Joe has a club-high .297 batting average.
- Among all major league hitters, Connor Joe is 10th in homers and 118th in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has three doubles, four home runs and five walks while batting .281.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .364 with three doubles, two home runs and three walks.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +183 after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price