Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Tuesday when the Philadelphia Phillies (7-10) and Colorado Rockies (10-6) take the field at 6:45 PM ET. Kyle Schwarber has four home runs for the Phillies (-165 favorites on the moneyline) while C.J. Cron has four homers this season for the Rockies (+141). Philadelphia’s Zach Eflin gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s German Marquez.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+141) and Over (8)
Phillies vs. Rockies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Zach Eflin
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Zach Eflin
- Eflin gets the start for the Phillies, his fourth of the season. He is 0-1 with a 5.27 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 13 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies, when the right-hander went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.27, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are hitting .315 against him.
- The opposing Rockies offense has the second-ranked slugging percentage (.425) and is sixth in MLB play with 17 home runs. It has a collective .265 batting average, and is fourth in MLB with 142 total hits and eighth in MLB play scoring 73 runs.
- Eflin has thrown 5 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on nine hits while striking out five against the Rockies this season.
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- Marquez (0-0) will take the mound for the Rockies, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed eight hits in six innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 4.67, 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .292.
- In three starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- Marquez has two starts of five or more innings this season in three chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- The Phillies are batting .252 this season, sixth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .406 (seventh in the league) with 16 home runs.
- The Phillies have gone 8-for-26 with a double, three home runs and four RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
- The 27-year-old’s 4.67 ERA ranks 46th, 1.385 WHIP ranks 45th, and 6.8 K/9 ranks 41st among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won six, or 46.2%, of the 13 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Philadelphia has entered five games this season favored by -165 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 62.3%.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 17 opportunities.
- The Phillies are 7-10-0 ATS in their 17 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been victorious in eight, or 66.7%, of the 12 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Colorado has been victorious two times in four chances when named as an underdog of at least +141 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 41.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Colorado have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in six of 16 chances this season.
- The Rockies have an against the spread record of 9-7-0 in 16 games with a line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has put up a team-high 13 runs batted in.
- Harper’s home runs place him 24th in MLB, and he ranks seventh in RBI.
- Harper has collected a hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .317 to lead his team.
- Including all major league hitters, Castellanos ranks 24th in homers and 38th in RBI.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .314 with two doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Schwarber’s four home runs pace his team.
- Schwarber is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Connor Joe leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .322.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Connor Joe ranks 10th in home runs and 109th in RBI.
- Connor Joe carries an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .325 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- C.J. Cron has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with six home runs and 17 runs batted in.
- Cron ranks first in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Randal Grichuk has three doubles, two home runs and three walks while hitting .400.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .264 with three doubles, two home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rockies
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +141. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price