Following a four-hit effort in a win over the Tigers, Charlie Blackmon leads the Colorado Rockies (10-5) into action as +161 underdogs against the Philadelphia Phillies (6-10). First pitch from Citizens Bank Park at 6:45 PM ET on Monday. Kyle Gibson will get the ball for Philadelphia while Colorado counter with Kyle Freeland.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+161) and Over (8.5)
Phillies vs. Rockies Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Game Day: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Kyle Gibson
- Gibson (1-1 with a 3.57 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Phillies, his fourth of the season.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies, the right-hander went six innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In three games this season, the 34-year-old has an ERA of 3.57, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .210 against him.
- The opposing Rockies offense has a collective .270 batting average, and is third in the league with 137 total hits and eighth in MLB action with 71 runs scored. It has the best slugging percentage (.426) and ranks 11th in home runs (15) in all of MLB.
- Gibson has pitched six innings, giving up three earned runs on six hits while striking out three against the Rockies this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 34-year-old’s 3.57 ERA ranks 35th, 1.019 WHIP ranks 25th, and 9.7 K/9 ranks 16th.
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (0-2) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in five innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 7.71, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.786.
- Freeland has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Phillies are batting .251 this season, fifth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .406 (seventh in the league) with 15 home runs.
- The Phillies have gone 6-for-20 with a triple and two RBI in five innings this season against the left-hander.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have entered the game as favorites 12 times this season and won five, or 41.7%, of those games.
- Philadelphia is 2-1 this season when entering a game favored by -189 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 65.4% chance to win.
- So far this season, Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in six of their 16 games with a total.
- The Phillies are 6-10-0 against the spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been underdogs in 11 games this season and have come away with the win eight times (72.7%) in those contests.
- Colorado has been listed as an underdog of +161 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 38.3% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Colorado and their opponents have hit the over in five of their 15 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rockies have posted a record of 9-6-0 against the spread this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nicholas Castellanos’ .317 average leads the Phillies this year. His resume also includes three homers and driven in nine RBI.
- Castellanos ranks 23rd in home runs and 33rd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Bryce Harper has collected 11 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Harper ranks 52nd in home runs and 17th in RBI on the year.
- Harper has four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Alec Bohm has two doubles, a home run and five walks while hitting .355.
- Kyle Schwarber’s four home runs pace his team.
- Schwarber brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies with six home runs and runs batted in, driving in 17.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Cron is first in home runs and third in RBI.
- Cron carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Connor Joe is hitting .327 to lead the lineup.
- Joe ranks 23rd overall in homers and 140th in RBI this year.
- Blackmon is hitting .286 with three doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .405 with three doubles, a home run and three walks.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rockies
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +161. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price