The Philadelphia Phillies (11-12) will look to Kyle Schwarber, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Texas Rangers (8-14) Tuesday at 6:45 PM ET. The Phillies are -162 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez gets the start, and he’ll go against Texas’ Jon Gray.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+141) and Over (8.5)
Phillies vs. Rangers Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Jon Gray
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- Suarez makes the start for the Phillies, his fifth of the season. He is 2-0 with a 4.42 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 18 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies, the left-hander threw six innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.42, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents are batting .301 against him.
- He will take the mound against a Rangers offense that ranks 19th in MLB with 164 total hits (on a .223 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .339 (24th in MLB) with 19 total home runs (16th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Jon Gray
- The Rangers will send Gray to the mound for his first start this season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 30-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Phillies rank sixth in MLB with a .244 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fourth in the league (.408) and 25 home runs.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Phillies have been favored 16 times and won nine, or 56.2%, of those games.
- Philadelphia has a record of 6-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -162 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 61.8% chance to win.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of their 23 opportunities.
- The Phillies have an ATS record of 11-12-0 in 23 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been underdogs in 18 games this season and have come away with the win seven times (38.9%) in those contests.
- Texas has a win-loss record of 1-3 when favored by +141 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 41.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Texas and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Rangers are 11-11-0 against the spread in their 22 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper is hitting .253 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and seven walks.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Harper ranks 23rd in homers and 11th in RBI.
- Schwarber has hit seven home runs with 16 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Schwarber ranks second in homers and eighth in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Schwarber has two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .308 with three home runs, six walks and five RBI.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .309 with two doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Bohm has at least one base hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .286 to lead his team.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia has put up a team-leading four home runs and has driven in 18 runs.
- Among all batters in MLB, Garcia ranks 23rd in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Corey Seager has hit a team-high four home runs.
- Seager is 23rd among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 41st in RBI.
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers’ lineup with a .313 batting average.
- Jonah Heim is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs and six walks.
Betting Tips for Phillies vs. Rangers
Our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +141 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price