Bryce Harper, batting .325 this season, leads the Philadelphia Phillies (37-34) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Manny Machado (.328 AVG) and the San Diego Padres (44-28). Harper and the Phillies are -131 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at PETCO Park, beginning at 9:40 PM ET. Neither team has named a starting pitcher for the contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Padres
We have the Padres on the moneyline at +112 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (+112) and Over (7)
Phillies vs. Padres Game Info
- Game Day: Friday, June 24, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have entered the game as favorites 45 times this season and won 26, or 57.8%, of those games.
- Philadelphia is 15-15 this season when entering a game favored by -131 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 56.7% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 40 of their 71 opportunities.
- The Phillies are 36-35-0 against the spread in their 71 chances this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have been underdogs in 22 games this season and have come away with the win 13 times (59.1%) in those contests.
- San Diego has a win-loss record of 8-4 when favored by +112 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 47.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with San Diego have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 33 of 73 chances this season.
- The Padres are 38-35-0 against the spread in their 73 games that had a posted line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harper is the Phillies best hitter, putting together an average of .325 while also being the team’s top run producer, collecting 48 RBI and launching 15 round-trippers.
- Harper is 17th in home runs and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Harper carries an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .375 with two doubles, eight walks and three RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit 20 home runs to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Schwarber is fourth in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Schwarber has four straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .263 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .248 with 12 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 34 walks.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .245 with 17 doubles, seven home runs and 21 walks.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Machado leads the Padres in home runs (12), runs batted in (46) and has posted a team-high batting average of .328.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Machado’s home run total is 39th and his RBI tally is 13th.
- Jurickson Profar has 16 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 39 walks while hitting .251.
- Among all major league batters, Profar is 80th in homers and 34th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 31 walks while batting .250.
- Eric Hosmer is hitting .278 with 12 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price